2004 Jeep Overland 2wd, Is it Worth/Possible to Make 4wd?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2004 Jeep Overland 2wd, Is it Worth/Possible to Make 4wd??

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 07-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
2004-Overlander

2004 Jeep Overland 2wd, Is it Worth/Possible to Make 4wd??

Hiyah....

Sorry If This Gets Asked This Alot.... I Searched Found Nothing....

Long Story, I Bought the Overland Edition Thinking They Where All, AWD..... to my MAJOR Disappointment.....I Only Found Out it was Only 2wd After it was Paid For/Delivered....

So I Can Do the Work, Buy the Parts Cheap From Salvage..... Is This Practical in Anyway?? I Need 4wd, I'm Going to Sell This One For an AWD Model If Not.....

Thanks,
-Dutch

2004-Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would sell the Jeep and just get a 4wd...
MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
2004-Overlander

I Figured I'd Hear That..... I Love the WJ So Much.... I'm Going to Get a 2nd in the Patriot Blue Like I Wanted to Begin With... Prob. Keep the 2WD Too.....It Has Too Much Power for 2 Wheels (Especially the Rear) ... Sometimes it Hard Not to Burn Out...

-Dutch
Unread 07-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

It is possible, but there will be work involved. Axle, transmission, transfer.case, drive shafts, etc need to be changed over. Might as well buy a donor wj if you're really interested in doing it. You can part it out and maybe break even and learn a lot in the process
Unread 07-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
2004-Overlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1289 View Post
It is possible, but there will be work involved. Axle, transmission, transfer.case, drive shafts, etc need to be changed over. Might as well buy a donor wj if you're really interested in doing it. You can part it out and maybe break even and learn a lot in the process
Thats What I was Hoping, a NICE Cond. Donor With a Bad Engine....

I Can Get the Color (Patriot Blue Overland) I Wanted.... Swap Over the Entire Drive-train

Then I'll Have a Donor Car in Great Shape (86K)

Thanks for the Input Guys....

So I'll Have to Take Everything Under This Hood, and Swap it, Unto This Hood....Sounds Easy Enough

-Dutch
Unread 07-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

I'm in the same boat with my 98 zj so I know the feeling. I'm doing the same conversion to my vehicle. still on the hunt for a front axle and drive shafts. Nearly had a donor for 400, but missed it by a few hours yesterday

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.