2004 Jeep Overland 2wd, Is it Worth/Possible to Make 4wd?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2004 Jeep Overland 2wd, Is it Worth/Possible to Make 4wd??

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 07-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
2004-Overlander

2004 Jeep Overland 2wd, Is it Worth/Possible to Make 4wd??

Hiyah....

Sorry If This Gets Asked This Alot.... I Searched Found Nothing....

Long Story, I Bought the Overland Edition Thinking They Where All, AWD..... to my MAJOR Disappointment.....I Only Found Out it was Only 2wd After it was Paid For/Delivered....

So I Can Do the Work, Buy the Parts Cheap From Salvage..... Is This Practical in Anyway?? I Need 4wd, I'm Going to Sell This One For an AWD Model If Not.....

Thanks,
-Dutch

2004-Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would sell the Jeep and just get a 4wd...
MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
2004-Overlander

I Figured I'd Hear That..... I Love the WJ So Much.... I'm Going to Get a 2nd in the Patriot Blue Like I Wanted to Begin With... Prob. Keep the 2WD Too.....It Has Too Much Power for 2 Wheels (Especially the Rear) ... Sometimes it Hard Not to Burn Out...

-Dutch
Unread 07-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

It is possible, but there will be work involved. Axle, transmission, transfer.case, drive shafts, etc need to be changed over. Might as well buy a donor wj if you're really interested in doing it. You can part it out and maybe break even and learn a lot in the process
Unread 07-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
2004-Overlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1289 View Post
It is possible, but there will be work involved. Axle, transmission, transfer.case, drive shafts, etc need to be changed over. Might as well buy a donor wj if you're really interested in doing it. You can part it out and maybe break even and learn a lot in the process
Thats What I was Hoping, a NICE Cond. Donor With a Bad Engine....

I Can Get the Color (Patriot Blue Overland) I Wanted.... Swap Over the Entire Drive-train

Then I'll Have a Donor Car in Great Shape (86K)

Thanks for the Input Guys....

So I'll Have to Take Everything Under This Hood, and Swap it, Unto This Hood....Sounds Easy Enough

-Dutch
Unread 07-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

I'm in the same boat with my 98 zj so I know the feeling. I'm doing the same conversion to my vehicle. still on the hunt for a front axle and drive shafts. Nearly had a donor for 400, but missed it by a few hours yesterday

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.