2004 Four Door Wrangler add on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2004 Four Door Wrangler add on

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
uniquejeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2004 Four Door Wrangler add on

We bought our 2004 wrangler back when it was brand new and had it cut and customized to add in two doors and two bucket seats. We love our jeep! It has been my father's daily driver till he recently got a eco boost F150 (twin turbo). Now it just sits as the family vehicle. I want to turn it into an offroad beast for us to use as fun. I have never done more than install steering stabilizers and some air intake components on my truck. I need help in figuring out my first few steps on this build. I want to start by buying a lift and installing it myself. I was thinking a 6 inch but cannot decide on a brand. I also need to figure out what tools I'll need and things like knewledge on how to torque correctly when securing nuts on bolts...ect. Any tips, videos or other knewledge ya'll have that can help me get on my way to building my baby? Should I decide on a kit to buy first and read its guidlines and instructions? Do I need tools such as an torque wrench?

uniquejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
uniquejeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here!
resized.jpg   resizedd.jpg  
Unread 05-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
sluggermyers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Slow down tiger. I'm no professional so I'll let others help, but a good start would be to fill in your Jeeps information on your profile and then tell us your plans and goals.

Aside from that, that is one sick Jeep. Not only did ya'll stretch it, it's also a Willy's. I'm jealous.
I'm gonna crawl this one, I'm curious to see where this goes.

Also, welcome to the forum
sluggermyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That is pretty unique.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
JimmyMagic
1997 TJ Wrangler 

someone has already put a ton of work into that thing....awesome platform!
JimmyMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
uniquejeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you, and yes I am a bit excited about my job with it this summer.
Unread 05-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

Unique you have a 2004 TJ not JK. Unless you did that intentionally since its been modified. Really nice looking Jeep and the work seems to have been done very cleanly. As previously stated filling out your profile will help everyone help you. I think if you could narrow down what sort of offroading you have planned that would help tailor recommendations. A lift is a decent place to start but 6" of lift will require a great deal of additional modification aside from simply installing the lift itself. You'll need to extend brake lines and hoses, adjust driveline angles, change steering components and it is just a lot more involved than just slapping a lift on there. Think about the usage you have in mind and chances are excellent you'll recieve some amazing feedback on how to make your rig perfect for those situations. Good luck!
1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
uniquejeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking 6" only because it would fit better since it is extra long, it will look better. But if it really is alot more work, I think for now it would be better to stick with something that does not require as much altercation to the rest of the jeep.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.