2003 Wrangler Sport, 4.5" RE Lift, 33" BFG KM2's and a never ending wish list. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2003 Wrangler Sport, 4.5" RE Lift, 33" BFG KM2's and a never ending wish list.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

your bushings were making noise because they werent greased. and its a cv driveshaft, its not adjustable. the slip yoke is for when your axle moves.

TJe0454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Your bushings were making noise because they are bushings. Good call on upgrading.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #18
crepitus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Have a quick question...nice Jeep by the way. I see you did the SYE upgrade but you do not seem to have adjustable UCAs. Do you get any vibes? Reason I ask is because I plan to do this soon and everything I read says you need to have adjustable uppers at a minimum.
crepitus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #19
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJe0454 View Post
your bushings were making noise because they werent greased. and its a cv driveshaft, its not adjustable. the slip yoke is for when your axle moves.
The bushing were greased but that didnt help.
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #20
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your bushings were making noise because they are bushings. Good call on upgrading.
AGREE! i'm not making that mistake again! bye bye bushing! My New Currie adjustables are awesome! much better choice!
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crepitus View Post
Have a quick question...nice Jeep by the way. I see you did the SYE upgrade but you do not seem to have adjustable UCAs. Do you get any vibes? Reason I ask is because I plan to do this soon and everything I read says you need to have adjustable uppers at a minimum.
Thanks! Correct I have an SYE and CV drivshaft with Currie adjustable front upper and front lower control arms and the stock control arms in the rear upper and lower and no I don't have any vibes. Hope that helps!
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #22
PlaneJob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What's the point of the adjustable arms in the front? Is this related tot he SYE?
PlaneJob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneJob View Post
What's the point of the adjustable arms in the front? Is this related tot he SYE?
Adjustable lower control arms in the front bring your tires back to the center of your wheel wells after lifting your jeep, and the upper control arms help adjust pinion driveline angles. No its not related to the SYE
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Today I re-painted my stock bumper to hid the rust that was building up on the ends. I'm not sure why but its a pretty common place for TJ's to rust. I used Rush-olem Spray on truck bed coating. I also painted my hidden hitch tow receiver
Before:
I also got a matching rim and 33" spare.
Heres a picture of the of the new matching spare with the bumper painted. Its an ION 174 rim with a 305/70 r16 KM2 Tire. I'M really happy with how the painting turned out I just need to get a tire carrier or a bracket so that the tire is high enough to put the rear bumper top part back on.

That was the good part of the upgrades today and now the not so good part.
On my way to get my new spare mounted, my rim took a tumble when I turned and took a little chunk out of my hardtop . I'M just luckly that it didnt hit the window!
Unread 03-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I saw a TJ on here a little while ago with the ORO LED taillights and i was instantly in love with them! the only problem was the price:/ I was looking through the classifieds on here the other weekend and I found a set of the ORO LED tail lights that included the licence plate relocation bracket to the spare tire and the license plate LED third brake light and night plate running light. I sent the guy an email and boom they were sent out to me monday through USPS. I couldnt wait for them to come in and I even had the old lights all the way out wires cut and ready before the LED ones even came in. haha

Well the day finally came and the mail arrived. I opened up the box and what do you know the seller even included the LED Flasher relay for free that is necessary to remove the "fast flash" that occurs because the LED light draw such little power that the Jeep thinks that the original bulbs are burned out.

I started the install and everything went just as planned.

I had to cut the original light wires and then then splice in the new LED wires according to the color chart.

I got the new lights all in and I love the black look they have to them.

The lights have 4 functions night running lights red circle around the out side, brake solid red, turn signal solid red flash, and reverse bottom half white.
Night Running lights.

Day Running lights

Day Brake lights

With them all installed and ready to go the only last thing was replacing the flasher relay. After finally finding it under the top cover of the steering wheel I was good to go! and fast flash was all gone! THe longest part was probably finding this relay haha
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Today I finished fabricating and welding up my new tire carrier idea. With my 33X12/50 matching spare tire on the stock carrier it came down to far to fit the bumper back on as well. I looked online and found lots of different bracket adapters to fit a larger spare but they all brought the tire out as well as up and with my stock hinges I didnt want to put any more pressure on them my moving the tire out, so I wanted to find a way to move it only up and not out at all. (yes I will get a tire carrier in the future but while im in school I dont have enough to afford one yet ) Here is what I came up with. I took a 10.5" X 16" 3/8" sheet of steel and drilled 4 holes for the stock tire carrier bolts to go threw and old it to the tail gate in the stock carrier holes. I mounted the plate flus to the button of the tailgate then took the original tire carrier and raised it to the top of the 16" plate and welded a bead at the top and at the button, all done! It looks great and fit perfectly!

The stock carrier before

Here is the top bead weld with my CB antenna mount that still bolts threw the carrier.

You can see the flat steel sheet with the stock carrier against it.

Here is the about 1/4"-1/2" space between the bottom of the tire and the bumper.

And now here it is all said and done! It looks great and I would highly recommend it to any one who needs to mount a larger spare with out putting any more pressure on the stock tailgate hinges.
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #27
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Operation Air compressor!

After having to wait forever to fill one tire after running a trail and then having to nag air off of everyone else I decided it was finally time to upgrade my own compressor.

After hours and hours of research I concluded that the best compressor for the money was the Superflow MV50 by Q industries. I was able to find it instock at o-riley's and went and picked it up.

Because I have ABS I was unable to mount the compressor in the ABS tray but I was able to get it to fit by moving it up towards the grille a bit.

I mounted the compressor with one of the bolts form the windshield washer fluid bracket and then drilled some more screws threw the other feet holes.

I will hardwire the power cord tomorrow to the battery but for now I have the alligator clips held onto the compressor handel to keep then in place.

I also upgrade the tire stem connector from the twist-on to an air chuck to help make it faster and easier.
Over all I am very impressed with the compressor and the installation so far and I will find out tomorrow how well it really works on the trail
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #28
Jomphe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm liking this so far! Keep up the good work man!
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #29
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomphe View Post
I'm liking this so far! Keep up the good work man!
Thanks! Will do!
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #30
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

double post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.