2003 Wrangler Build ( project rolling turd ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2003 Wrangler Build ( project rolling turd )

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Thatsoverated
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2003 Wrangler Build ( project rolling turd )

Hey everyone im new to the whole forum thing so try to bare with me here. I bought my wrangler bone stock from the dealer about a month ago with the intention of building and wheeling the heck out of it which so far has gone pretty much to plan minus the fact that i found out 4cyl jeeps are worthless. As mentioned it started off stock which i dont have any pictures of but i started by picking up some brand new 34" super swamper tsl's off craigslist which i got for an awesome price, only $450 bucks delivered to my work haha. That lasted about a week untill it started rubbing so i took the dive and bought a 4" skyjacker suspension lift and installed it at work ( gotta love the army haha ) and it went suprisingly smoth minus every one o f the four bolts that hold the rear shocks breaking off. Then it was just a matter of waiting on my winch, winch plate, light brackets, lights and aussie lockers front and rear to get shipped out and show up. All those parts are small and simple and were on in a matter of a couple hours. I cannot praise how much of a difference those lockers make. I could get stuck in some spots that would just royally piss me off before and now i can go anywhere. I tihnk i built a tank haha. Well thats it for the time being though, ill keep updating as i get more parts in which will be my gears that i ordered yesterday (nice 4.88's from G2 ) and ill try to do a nice write up on it. Feel free to leave you thoughts about my rolling turd

jeep-5.jpg   jeep6.jpg   jeep-1.jpg   jeep.jpg   jeep-7.jpg  

Thatsoverated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rolling Turd lol, good luck with the build!
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Thatsoverated
2003 TJ Wrangler 

One more i found of it
jeep-2.jpg  
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Thatsoverated
2003 TJ Wrangler 

neat photo i think
jeep-8.jpg  
Unread 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Thatsoverated
2003 TJ Wrangler 

another
jeep-11.jpg  
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Thatsoverated
2003 TJ Wrangler 

He was making fun of me for this whole because when i just had the tires on the jeep and nothing else i went into it and my jeep was sunk underwater to the winshield for three hours before we could find someone to pull me out and then he goes in with his lift and tires and sinks his.. haha not so funny now fu*ker is it lol
jeep-10.jpg   jeep-9.jpg  
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

those 34"s sure looked like a tight fit lol
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
ZSXJ430

Nice! Looks like fun.
ZSXJ430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Thatsoverated
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The 34s were a tight fit at stock hieght for sure haha but not anymore. Ill post so more pics and a video or two when I get to work monday. I think I have a video of the aussie locker right after I got it in as well

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.