2003 Anti~Dinosaur DD Tj (build/question thread) - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2003 Anti~Dinosaur DD Tj (build/question thread)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #421
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6
the issue with 37's is that you have to build your components for 40's because they're a bastard tire. sure the weight is an issue - but the real issue is that 37's get you to places where 40's can go. 35's would just drag and bottom out and there for not put you in a position to break in the same places. when you start moving into the area where 35's can really be used, 37's would be helpful and 40's are what most the people have - you're doing some pretty steep and extreme stuff. the wheel base needs to come out for that.

nearly every trail in the US can be completed with 35s, a top notch suspension and an expert driver. id be happy with 100" WB on 35" stickies. but stretching the wheel base for 35's isn't worth the effort when a little more stretch would set you up for larger tires.

you basically come down to, what your time and money are worth to you. because everything you do to get it to where you want it to be - a little bit more would get you to the next bigger. that said - starting with an LJ would solve all the wheel base issues and you could jump straight to 37s with your axles being the only thing to worry about.
No alcohol talk: gotcha, thanks for the heads up. It's a clearer view on tires

That said, "nearly every trail in the US can be completed with 35s, a top notch suspension and an expert driver."

I think I have proven to be more of a LOL than a expect driver:P

Unread 11-27-2011, 03:38 AM   #422
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

everyone needs tons and 40s, even mall crawlers.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #423
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lawn crawlers too :P
Unread 11-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #424
TheDirtyGeneral

Lawls, lawn crawlers on 40's. Everyone has to compensate for something sometimes.
Unread 11-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #425
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just buy a LJ Rubi, throw on some 35s, and be done with it. Worked for me.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #426
TheDirtyGeneral

How long've you had her for?
Unread 11-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #427
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lol, dude you did wayyyyy more than throw on 35"s
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #428
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I got bored of surfing so i took some progress pictures, nothing gruesome

me ( duh)

left arm

better close up

close up of a close up, ignore the peeling skin.
the wound is covered with skin, the skin is now a decent thickness. where before(a few days ago) it was covered by only a thin layer of skin.
the yellow looking areas are where the antibiotic gauze's color was absorbed
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #429
TheDirtyGeneral

Hey it doesn't look that bad! A couple more days and you're buying a new Jeep, right?
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #430
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i wish, hopefully by Christmas

right now, if it was my choice... i couldn't choose between a tj or an lj. as long as it has a 4.0 i should be contented
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #431
TheDirtyGeneral

So your parents hopes of a 4 door JK because its "safer" are out the window?
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #432
adam211

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
i wish, hopefully by Christmas

right now, if it was my choice... i couldn't choose between a tj or an lj. as long as it has a 4.0 i should be contented
hope u get the ideal jeep.
adam211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #433
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Man that looks like some good progress on the healing there. The last pictures you put up of all that were pretty gruesome. The posts with regards to tires have been extremely helpful to me. Lately I've been pondering keeping my Jeep squatted down on 33's and simply killing my spacers with Savvy fire. Then I can sort of custom engineer adjustable control arms as time and money allow. Then again......35's.....just so sexy on a standard wheelbase TJ.

Go pick out a Jeep, Tiny!!!!!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #434
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Remember, it was a shark attack when you dove into the ocean to save a trapped puppy, while you were doing charity work to help clean up a local beach.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #435
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
Man that looks like some good progress on the healing there. The last pictures you put up of all that were pretty gruesome. The posts with regards to tires have been extremely helpful to me. Lately I've been pondering keeping my Jeep squatted down on 33's and simply killing my spacers with Savvy fire. Then I can sort of custom engineer adjustable control arms as time and money allow. Then again......35's.....just so sexy on a standard wheelbase TJ.

Go pick out a Jeep, Tiny!!!!!
i was asked by dad to make a christmas list today, kinda asking for imo.

christmas list:
1 to twenty-infinity: jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
Remember, it was a shark attack when you dove into the ocean to save a trapped puppy, while you were doing charity work to help clean up a local beach.
sig worthy, may i?

in other news, i decided to 5link my hand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.