2002 Black TJ Sahara - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2002 Black TJ Sahara

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #106
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks! I miss having the top off now that the weather has cooled off. I wish I had more updates to post, but I got cut back to half time so I haven't had as much money to put towards mods. Hopefully things will turn around with work, and I can start working on the Jeep again!

Thanks for the interest!

sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #107
2004Unlimited
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey nice jeep! Just wanted to let you know that I just finished reading your entire thread! I eventually wanna run those same tires in the same size on my LJ, I'll prolly have to do BL and MM lift first though as I only have the rough country 2.5" kit on mine! Your build inspires me to do more to my jeep
2004Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #108
olliechill
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just read your entire thread. Great jeep bro. I have the same lift. Did you have any issues with shifting after your TC drop?

My father in law lives on High Rock lake and sister in law lives in Wilmington. We both graduated from UNC dub. I'd like to hit you up this spring and give UWE a try.
olliechill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #109
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004Unlimited View Post
Hey nice jeep! Just wanted to let you know that I just finished reading your entire thread! I eventually wanna run those same tires in the same size on my LJ, I'll prolly have to do BL and MM lift first though as I only have the rough country 2.5" kit on mine! Your build inspires me to do more to my jeep
Thanks I love my 10.50 KM2's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliechill View Post
Just read your entire thread. Great jeep bro. I have the same lift. Did you have any issues with shifting after your TC drop?

My father in law lives on High Rock lake and sister in law lives in Wilmington. We both graduated from UNC dub. I'd like to hit you up this spring and give UWE a try.
Every now and then when I'm in 4H it will pop out and I assume it has to do with the linkage, but hasn't been consistent enough for me to worry about it. I think it has happened twice int he two years since I've had the lift installed.

I can't wait for Uwharrie to open up, I'll probably be there opening weekend. Let me know if you need somebody to ride with this season!

Unread 07-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #110
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not too much new these days as far as mods go. Got reduced to half time at work, then started grad school so my budget has gone down for jeep mods lately. most of the work I've done lately has been related to maintenance. I had to replace my front u-joint and my CEL came on with a P0138 code. I replaced the front downstream o2 sensor and since then I haven't had any issues. I'm currently experience the classic "My AC only blows on defrost" so sometime this weekend hopefully I'll get a chance to check out my vacuum lines. Also on the list of things to do this weekend is to change my air filter, and replace my spark plugs.

As far as mods go, there is a fabricator in my 4x4 club and I've asked him to quote me on some bumpers. I'm hoping to get those on sometime this summer.

I've done a few wheeling trips too since the last update. Went to Corova NC again at the beginning of the summer and made another trip to Uwharrie.

Here are a few pictures from the Uwharrie Trip:

Our club has a few trips planned for the Fall and can't wait to make it out on the trail. Sounds like we will be hitting up Uwharrie, Crozet, and Harlan!
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #111
jbg1980
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Any new updates?
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #112
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well folks, i's been a long time since I updated this. Here is the latest news... My wife got pregnant and I sold the Jeep. Bought a more infant-friendly vehicle as this was my daily driver. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do, but family comes first! One of my rear seat brackets was lose/broken, not to mention I remember reading threads of rear seats getting thrown from Wranglers in accidents. I just couldn't justify the risk personally. So that was a little over a year ago at this point.

So I got a nice new Toyota 4runner, and have been missing my Jeep ever since. Well, after some long talks with the wife, we realized we needed to get another Jeep! While I'd love to get another TJ, we ultimately decided on getting a XJ. I wanted to have a vehicle I could drive around town (i.e. not a dedicated trail rig) and with that in mind I wanted something I could put my son in, even while he is young (carseat/booster seat age). So this past weekend I went ahead and bought a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Limited Sport 4WD:

Eventually it may become a dedicated trail rig, but for now I'll just enjoy lifting/moding it! I need to do a little bit of mechanical maintenance to it first, but the mods will follow shortly. I'll probably start a new build thread. At least I still have a CJ in the family too. My father-in-law has a 1986 CJ-7 that I have access to, although it's more of a "showroom" jeep.
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #113
jeeper007

What is the 3.25 rc lift like? I have a 2" bl right now and I'm looking for something a little bigger
jeeper007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.