2002 Black TJ Sahara - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2002 Black TJ Sahara

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #76
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJPirate View Post
Nice bronco! When do I get to drive?
I'll be getting it tagged pretty soon....so come on over!!!!

I also got one of the best jeep mods money can buy.....a premium membership to Jeep Forum!!!!!!!!

sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #77
turbojoe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

jeeps lookin good.. when you gonna get that body lift on there?

Jeep
turbojoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #78
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^^^Hopefully I'll begetting the body lift on soon...I've been spending a lot of my free money on getting the bronco ready to pass inspection. The wife and I agreed however that the next bit of money will go to the jeep I might end up getting rocker guards first though.
Unread 05-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #79
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Riddler Differential guards are on the way! The wife got me one and I got the other. After that I should be getting my rocker guards as well as my BL and MML. Moving right on through my list of upgrades for the summer!
Unread 05-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #80
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

awesome! when are we gonna go wheeling?
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #81
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ordered a set of A to Z wheel well to wheel well rocker guards today! Can't wait for the brown santa to drop off some packages!
Unread 05-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #82
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Soooo..........I got lots of updates! Today I had a visit from brown Santa and found THIS on my back porch:

Now to be completly honest, not all of those are jeep parts. There are a lot of Bronco parts mixed in there too. But I did get my Riddler differential covers and my AtoZ wheel well to wheel well rockers guards.

I'm thinking about painting them black with the R/? red...

The rocker guards are REALLY beefy. Obviously I still need to paint them(black)

But that's not all.... The biggest news is that, well, my wife decided she wanted a jeep, so we added this to family!

I don't think we are going to do too much to the JK for the time being. We have our hands full between the TJ and the Bronco.
Unread 06-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #83
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well I didn't get as much done yesterday as I wanted to. The in-laws came down to spend Memorial Day with the wife and I so I was on grill duty. Anyways, I did get the differential guards painted, yesterday, and then hand painted the Riddler Logo with some black touch up paint. I decided to go with an orange colored Rustoleum gloss enamel. It is pretty close to impact orange (my favorite cooler!). I prepped with Acetone and then self etching primer.

The results! Painted Riddler D44 and D30 differential covers:

As for painting the AtoZ rocker guards I'm not sure If I want to go with a black spray paint or some cheap rattle can truck bed liner. Either way I'm hoping to get them ready and everything put on by the end of the week. I'm planning another wheeling trip to go test everything out
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #84
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got the rockers painted tonight! They are going on as well as the diff covers on Sunday. I should get to try them out on the weekend of the 18th

Unread 06-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #85
1jack5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
Soooo..........I got lots of updates! Today I had a visit from brown Santa and found THIS on my back porch:

Now to be completly honest, not all of those are jeep parts. There are a lot of Bronco parts mixed in there too. But I did get my Riddler differential covers and my AtoZ wheel well to wheel well rockers guards.

I'm thinking about painting them black with the R/? red...

The rocker guards are REALLY beefy. Obviously I still need to paint them(black)

But that's not all.... The biggest news is that, well, my wife decided she wanted a jeep, so we added this to family!

I don't think we are going to do too much to the JK for the time being. We have our hands full between the TJ and the Bronco.
Ahh, very nice, Great looking JK, you and your wife are showing that hummer across the road what really ORVs look like, haha
1jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #86
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well it's been a long day, and I still haven't finished getting everything on... While my buddy and I were getting ready to put on the differential guards my buddy noticed that theere was some fluid leaking out of my passenger side rear drum break. So I took it appart and noticed it was leaking break fluid out of the cylinder. Fixed that, then went on my way installing the dif covers. Installation went pretty fast, and over all I'd say it was a fairly easy and a painless installation.

So while I was waiting for the RTV to dry I went ahead and started preping for the rocker guard installation. First I removed the little factory side steps, and then started to remove the Sahara plastic cladding crap.....That's when I started running into problems. First the screws just kept spinning, so they had to be removed with a cut off wheel. The I came to the sad realization that the stupid things are held on by this stupid rail that is riveted to the dang jeep. What makes it even MORE fun to remove is the fact that the rivets are facing the wrong way which makes drilling them out even more of a PITA. After the first 3 (out of 7 total per side) we got a system worked out and instead of spening 15 minutes per rivert we got it down to aobut 5. Anyways, after we got all the rivets out on the passenger side mounting the actual rocker guard was easy. It was getting late so we didn't start on the driver side tonight. So all in all......I hate the Sahara cladding. If anyone wants to buy it (or my stock side steps) let me know....

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #87
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got my other rocker on tonight as well as added a washer to each if my steering stops to fix my tire scrubbing problem!
Unread 06-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #88
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well I took the Jeep out wheeling on the beach for the first time this weekend! I took the wife and dogs out to Nags Head NC and went up north to Carova yesterday and today to go driving on the beach, and get a little sun! The jeep did great!

Saw some wild horses too!!!

I've never done/recieved so many jeep waves either

Last edited by sanchagrins; 06-14-2010 at 06:39 AM..
Unread 06-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #89
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So it's that time again....time to get some new jeep parts, only problem is I'm not too sure what to do next. Any input would be great (assuming anybody reads this ). So here is what I'm debating for the next mod:

-ZJ Tie rod
-PSC trail stinger front bumper
-Adjustable upper CA and SYE/custom drive shaft
-Raptor liner the tub
-Grab handles/floor mats/a few other small items

More or less I'm leaning towards the control arms/SYE/driveshaft so I can get rid of the t-case drop kit. I hate losing that ground clearance! Eventually I'd like to get the Savvy Under Armor once it gets officially released to the public and I have the cash....obviously for that I would need the adjustable control arms and all that jazz...
Any opinions on the matter would be great! If not, oh well

Oh, and I guess I need to go and do some research on which adjustable control arms and SYE I want to go with...
Unread 06-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #90
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You should do raptor liner so we can then do mine.
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.