2002 Black TJ Sahara - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2002 Black TJ Sahara

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #61
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Picked up my spare tire tonight! Not too bad considering it was free

My steering box skid plate should be coming in either tomorrow or Thursday!

sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #62
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So I made it back from opening weekend at Uwharrie last night without any major problems. Some might say I since I came back unscathed I didn't wheel hard enough, but since I don't have the means to trailer my jeep down there and I depend on it for transportation I'd say it was a successful trip!!! The wife and I arrived on Friday around lunch time, and then met up with EaglesSJ (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...slayer-974742/) for some wheeling! The trails were in great condition being opening weekend, although a bit on the dry side. I need to make sure my wife wears some good footwear next time so she will actually get OUT of the jeep to take more pictures

This guy was apparently "stuck." They had a winch connected to his rear and I guess were trying to keep him from rolling forward

The next few are EaglesSJ at the rock garden

I got a season pass this year so I should be there a lot more this year!

Last edited by sanchagrins; 04-05-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Unread 04-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #63
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I saw your group roll by our campsite on friday i think. We had a white xj, a red xj with a snorkel, a super low blue tj with tube fenders on 38's, and a green tj sahara and a bunch of tents. Right at the top of the hill form the base of rocky mtn loop where it meets the road.
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #64
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
I saw your group roll by our campsite on friday i think. We had a white xj, a red xj with a snorkel, a super low blue tj with tube fenders on 38's, and a green tj sahara and a bunch of tents. Right at the top of the hill form the base of rocky mtn loop where it meets the road.
Whats the deal with camping along the trails? Are they first come first server? Does anybody mess with ya (either rangers or other people out riding)? I stayed at the Arrowhead campground, and I must say, that's not really my style of camping..... Also do people run the trails at night?
Unread 04-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #65
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Went over to a buddies house and found a nice mulch pile to park on (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

Unread 04-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #66
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Steering box skid plate = done

This was also one of the first jeep mods where I didn't break any tools, or bolts!

If all goes well I should also be heading to Uwharrie again this weekend with a local club to hit up the trails. Hopefully I can get the wife to take some better pictures

As for my list of future mods, I think next up is rocker protection.... I need to do some research to see which rockers are most compatible with the TNT tube fenders that I will hopefully be getting by the end of the summer/fall.
Unread 04-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #67
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finally got my spare tire mounted! I'm also heading to Uwarrie to wheel tomorrow once I get done looking at a 1972 For Bronco for the wife today
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #68
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got back from another great trip to Uwharrie! I had by far my best trip out there. I hit a few harder trails and did fewer by-passes this time. I went with the local 4wheel club for the first time and really enjoyed it. Talk about some awesome rigs! Well on to the pictures!

At the Wolf's Den Trail head airing down and disconnecting. My Jeep next to a members 74' Bronco on 37's.

YJ on 44's with unimog axles, air bags, and 4wheel steering....

size comparison. Makes my 3.25" lift and 33's look stock

One of the greatest things about the club is the dues go to buying things like ready welders. Fixing the shock mount on a one of the members CJ7...

The same CJ7 after the fix heading up the backside of Daniel Trail with the only Sammy int he club

More Bronco action

Unread 04-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #69
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

One of my favorite rigs from the trip, a 44' stock willys. I spent a lot of time behind him and I figured, if he could do i, I could to! It was amazing seeing the willys kick so much but on the trails and rocks!

A little flex action

At the top of Daniel Trail. Parked my Jeep and took a ride in the YJ. Had a pucker moment when we almost flipped it (wish someone got a picture or video of that!).

My wife went for a ride down the hard part of Daniel with the Sammy
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #70
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The YJ did pretty much every trail backwards and in 2wheel drive. The 4 wheel steer really helps with that Here it is going up the back side of Daniel backwards

The Bronco in one of the pits on Dickey Bell

One more of the Bronco

That's all for now! Later today I'll try to get the videos ready and posted!
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #71
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was at Uwharrie last August...Had a blast. I was on 33"s at the time too but managed to do everything but the very last stretch of Daniel (down the big rock ledge and that turn to the right) We didn't do that last part cause we found out the road below was closed.

Enjoy Uwharrie, Daniel trail is a good time!

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #72
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
I was at Uwharrie last August...Had a blast. I was on 33"s at the time too but managed to do everything but the very last stretch of Daniel (down the big rock ledge and that turn to the right) We didn't do that last part cause we found out the road below was closed.

Enjoy Uwharrie, Daniel trail is a good time!
With 33's you can do allllllmost everything at Uwharire. I still do a few of the by-passes but I'm getting more and more confident each time I go One reason I did so much more was seeing that willys on 31's do so much! I'm working my way up to doing the ledges at Daniel though, and by the end of the summer I'm hoping I'll be doing them
Unread 04-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #73
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

and here is the video from the wheeling trip this weekend!

YouTube - URE2010b.wmv
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #74
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not related to my jeep, but I thought you guys might find it interesting.....I bought a 1977 Bronco Sport tonight! For those of you that aren't familiar with the early broncos, they were produced from 1966-1977. The bronco I got has 302 V8, C4 automatic transmission, power steering, power breaks, and Dana 44 up front and a ford 9" in the rear. It has some minor rust issues, and no real mechanical issues(that have surfaced yet ). I plan on dealing with the rust issues, u-pol raptor lining the interior, lifting, and painting. When all is said and done it's going to be a fun vehicle for my wife to tool around in with the top off on nice days! Here is a picture of it I got from the seller, I'll try to get a few more as the progress continues:
Unread 04-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #75
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice bronco! When do I get to drive?
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.