2002 Black TJ Sahara - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2002 Black TJ Sahara

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #46
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Good lookin jeep, I saw you were in nc in another post and clicked your sig. Looks like you had fun at URE, i've got an '02 sahara on 33's also and love it up at URE. I'd love to go back again soon, haven't been in a month. Let me know next time you go cause i dont have a job and would love to go back again, even if for a day or two. Next time i see its gonna rain up there and have free time I'm going to try to make it up.

Unread 02-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #47
yellowjesus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

was your front axle off center after lifting it
yellowjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #48
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well it's been a long time since I've done any work on my Jeep. Getting married put a big damper on my funds (not the wife won't let me, just that I wanted to help pay for wedding expenses, honeymoon, new house, blah blah blah). Anyways, I'm getting to the point where I can start working on the Jeep again, and now have a garage to work in!

So here is a list of a few things I've done since I last updated. Most of these were done within the past few days.

-Removed milk jugs from the front
-Removed spare tire from the tailgate
-Painted chrome grill inserts a gun metal gray
-Installed some windshield mounted hella 500s

Now of course there is a list a mile long of things I'd LIKE to do to the jeep this year, I'll only provide a short list of things that I am going to MAKE myself do over the next few months. I know Uwharrie opens in less than a month, and I wont be ready for that, but I'd like to get a few things done before heading out there for the first time this spring. Sooooo, here's what I had in mind:

-Kilby or Skid Row steering box skid (A nice cheap piece of armor that offers some piece of mind!)
-Riddler differential covers for my D44 and D30
-ZJ Tie rod
-Remove t-case spaces and replace with a few washers if needed
-Add a few washers to the steering stops to eliminate rubbing

Now depending on how much extra work I can acquire this spring teaching scuba I may or may not try to do the following upgrades. If I can't get to the by the middle of Spring and my first Uwharrie trip, oh well, but I'd still like to get them done by the end of summer if at all possible fall at the latest:

-4.5 TNT front and read tube fenders
-Rocker guards
-Front and rear bumper w/swing out tire carrier (yet to be determined)
-1.25" JKS Body lift
-1" JKS MML
-Belly up skid plate/tummy tuck (yet to be determined)

Anyways, I can't wait to get some work done and I hope you guys like what you see!

sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #49
02blacktj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

sweet lookin jeep! 2002 black tj saharas happen to be the best jeep ever made! Also, how do you like the rough country lift? has it sagged at all?
02blacktj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #50
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blacktj View Post
sweet lookin jeep! 2002 black tj saharas happen to be the best jeep ever made! Also, how do you like the rough country lift? has it sagged at all?
x2 on the 02 black sahara

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #51
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys and thanks for the interest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjesus View Post
was your front axle off center after lifting it
I don't think they were that bad off, and I don't think we did anything to re-center it. I lifted my jeep with the help of a buddy, and I think if it would have been off he would have corrected it. I've since taken it to a few shops for a variety of things (including the stealership!!!) and no one mentioned them being off center either so I assume they are fine

Quote:
Thanks! I do my love my jeep! The '02 Sahara is a great jeep, although I secretly want an 06 impact orange rubi
Unread 03-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #52
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

how you loving the KM2's?? i have them and there great!!!!!
Unread 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #53
99TJSahara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks good, how tall your tires actually measure?
99 Wrangler Sahara-sold
99TJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #54
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I've been very pleased with it, and for the price you can't beat it. I went out and measured, and have had almost no settling of the springs. It was may 1/4" off of where it was the day I put it on. I added a pic you can compare to my original measurements (front).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000BB6 View Post
how you loving the KM2's?? i have them and there great!!!!!
I really like the KM2's. They have performed well in the mud, snow, and on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJSahara View Post
Jeep looks good, how tall your tires actually measure?
They are a little over 32" but not quite 32.5" would be my guess.

I also figured since I haven't posted them here I'd show off some of my pictures from when I took the jeep to Snowshoe, WV the first week of January for some snowboarding. We got close to 2' of snow while there, and the jeep ate it up!!!

HUGE snow drift

Out driving!

As much as I have been enjoying the warm weather here in coastal Carolina, I do miss the snow too!
Unread 03-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #55
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some great pics, really like the look of your Jeep. Like what you have done w/ it so far
Unread 03-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #56
02blacktj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
I've been very pleased with it, and for the price you can't beat it. I went out and measured, and have had almost no settling of the springs. It was may 1/4" off of where it was the day I put it on. I added a pic you can compare to my original measurements (front).
Alright, thanks a lot! That's just the news I wanted to hear! Keep up the good work on the Jeep!
02blacktj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #57
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well since the last update I've removed the rear milk jugs, rotated my tires with my new 3 ton floor jack and 6 ton jack stands, and removed my transfer case drop kit.

The new toys in action!

When I installed my lift last year I knew I wouldn't have access to the tools I needed to install the t-case drop kit back at my apartment, so I went ahead and installed it prior to testing it for death wobble. So this whole time I've had and not really know if I needed it. I decided since I now have a floor jack to make things easier I'd go ahead and remove the drop kit and see what happens! The only problem was when I installed the drop kit I left the bolts with my buddy (who lives on the other side of the state), and that was close to a year ago, so finding the bolts would be challenging to say the least.

Since the bolts with the drop kit won't work, I went out to Home Depot and bought six grade 8 1/2" (with 13 threads per inch) bolts and six grade 8 1/2" washers. The removal of the drop kit went fine and you can see the new hardware below:

The only problem was once I took the jeep out for a spin I started to notice some vibrations So its back to Home Depot tomorrow to buy some more washers in the hopes that I can stack a few and eliminate the vibrations without sacrificing as much ground clearance.

I also purchased some washers at Home Depot today to solve my problem with my tires rubbing at full turn. Unfortunately the steering stop bolt is VERY rusted, and it seems like I may need some additional soak time with PB Blaster before its coming off. So hopefully tomorrow I can wrap up what I started today!!!
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #58
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When are you gonna put some square headlights on it?
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #59
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJPirate View Post
When are you gonna put some square headlights on it?
Now why would I want to go and do that? We all know that the circle headlights are the icon of the Jeep Wrangler!

Thanks for your help the other day though! I owe you a tire rotation once you get some free time. I also convinced the wifey to go to Troy/Uwharrie for opening weekend if you are interested in some camping.

Unread 03-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #60
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well I got the washers and installed them. Unfortunately I still had vibes after using 4 washers per t-case bolt. This was roughly half the height of the t-case drop kit. So I went ahead and just put the drop kit back in.

Aside from that I also found a spare tire from a member of a local club. I'm just waiting for a good time for me stop by and pick it up. Unfortunately it is a 32" tire but I figured it is better than having no tire and in a pinch should be able to get me out of the trail assuming no one else I'm wheeling with has an alternative. Also since I'm not locked and the spare tire is only off by one inch I think I should be fine. Also, it was free so I can't complain about price. If I found a cheap 33" in the near future I'll pick it up. I just don't want to spend a whole lot of money buying a new spare when by the end of the year I'd like to be running 35s.

I also got my steering box skid plat ordered. I got it shipped to the local 4 wheel parts store, which means free shipping!!! Unfortunately I didn't get any sort of tracking number, they just said they would call when it arrived. I'm hoping that I should be getting it sometime next week before I head out to Uwharrie for opening weekend. I went ahead and got the Kilby 3/16th" skid. I think it looks pretty neat, got good reviews, and was priced right.

I'm debating what I should get next I figured I can either get the Riddler differniental guards or the Moog ZJ tie. Any opinions ?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.