2002 Black TJ Sahara - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2002 Black TJ Sahara

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #31
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finished

sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #32
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Who you going to Uwharrie with?
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #33
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

YJPirate- I'm going with my fiancee and her brother. I think we are going to leave Raleigh Saturday afternoon and set up the camp site, check out a few trails, but do most of the wheeling on Sunday. There is a chance I might stay down there Sunday night too, just so I don't have to drive all the way back home Sunday night. I'll keep you posted.
Unread 05-05-2009, 07:09 AM   #34
RichH
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lose the chrome grill inserts and paint the headlight bezels black. Now that would look awesome.

Proud member of the NRA
Sahara Jeep Club #23
[COLOR="White"]White Jeep Club #225[/COLOR]
RichH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #35
snakester14

Looking good man I love those 33x10.50 KM2s. Definitely get some pics up from Uwharrie when you get back. Hopefully I will have my newly acquired XJ ready sometime in June or July at the latest for Uwharrie.
snakester14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #36
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

RichH - I agree on the black headlight bezel's and ditching the chrome....the only problem is in an effort to get my fiancee more involved in the jeep build (and as a result get less mad at all the time and money i spend on it) I have been making all the decisions with her, and as of now she likes the chrome I've been working on trying to change her mind but not too sure if it will happen.

snakester - Before I got my tires mounted I had my buddies 12.50's on and thought it looked awesome! That made it hard to go back to the 10.50's. But now that they have been on there a while I LOVE them. I'm hoping that they will work wonders at Uwharrie this weekend. As you know it's been raining ALL week so I expect it to be pretty muddy, and I'm sure I'll have tons of pics
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #37
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So I just got back form my first time wheeling in my jeep! It was AWESOME. I was really impressed with the capabilities of the jeep. I went to Uwharrie National Forrest where they have 8 trails for a total of 14.4miles of OHV fun. I did all the trails except for part of Daniels(the most difficult trail). I'll post some of the highlights here, and you can see the rest of the videos and pictures in this thread on page 2:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/first-time-uwharrie-767438/

So......on with the pictures!

Me waiting at Kodiak Rock for my buddy to have some fun...

Kodiak Rock:

The one spot where I had trouble....on Dutch John trail. I had to air down even further (from 15psi to 11psi)

Surprisingly not that muddy considering how wet it was, and the number of bumper deep puddles we went through....

Unread 05-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #38
ACB2010
2001 TJ Wrangler 

nice jeep! keep on rigging!
[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][CENTER]01 White jeep sahara, black rhino lined hardtop, 4" suspension, 3" body, 35" MTZ, Front tube fenders, roof rack, 3% tint around 28% on windshield, two 10's probox[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-tj-big-jack-1337227/] [SIZE="3"]My TJ build "Big Jack"[/SIZE][/url][/CENTER]
ACB2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #39
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

The trails must be a lot more slick now. I went up that section of Dutch John a couple weeks ago and it was no big deal, but it was very dry when I went. I went 4 weekends in a row, but couldn't go this weekend. I'm ready to get back out there since its rain so much recently. How much of a difference did you notice between 15 and 11 psi? I have 33x12.50 KM2s. The last time I went I ran at 17psi.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #40
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That was the only time i lost traction, so other than that one spot I didn't notice a huge difference. This was my first time there so I have no comparison to it being dry, but it was certainly wet. We got rain everyday leading up until the weekend and there were a ton of bumper deep puddles on pretty much every trail. I was impressed with the KM2's in mud, and had one heck of a time!!

Did you check out the thread with the video's?
Unread 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #41
GSU_DAVE

You got a D35 or D44?
GSU_DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #42
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

D44 w/3.73 gears and a D30 in the front
Unread 05-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #43
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Nice videos. What trail was that last video on? I thought going down that section of Dutch John was a lot more un-nerving than going up. What part of NC are you in? I'm on the other side of the forest in Albemarle.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #44
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think it was on Sawmill but im not 100% certain on that one. Once I got the tire deflated it really wast bad at all. It looks super easy in the video I was a little nervous a few times there that I was going to smash my mirror or plastic sahara fenders on the walls. I guess that mean I need some tough tubular fender flairs!!

EDIT: I'm in Greenville NC right now, although I'm originally form the Asheville area.
Unread 05-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #45
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well I don't have to work the next few weekends so I'm debating if another trip to Uwharrie is in order ! I might try to get a bit more protection between now and then... I'm thinking a differential guard and maybe a steering box skid plat. I banged what I believe is the differential one good time last weekend and it made me really nervous! I think from now on i'm going to work on protection for all the critical parts and worry about the rest later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.