So I figured I'd put some quick info in the first post for those who might have stumbled upon here for the first time. Here is a list of my current modifications that was able to get installed over the last year, pre-getting married:
-3.25" Rough Country Suspension Lift
-33x10.50" BFG KM2
-Windshield mounted Hella 500
Now for the short term list of future modifications(estimated completion date: Mid-Spring):
-Kilby Steering box skid plate (Done
-Riddler differential guards (Done
-ZJ tie rod
-Get a spare tire! (Done
-Rocker Guards (Done
Now for the longer term list (estimated completion date: End of summer - ???):
-TNT 4.5" Tube fenders (front and rear)
-PSC Trail Stinger
-LOD Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier
-LED tail lights/turn lights
-UPOL Raptor liner
-Adjustable upper control Arms
-Grab Handles/Floor Mats
-Savvy Under Armor
-Savvy Gas tank skid
And now, back to the thread!
WELCOME to my first thread here on JF! I must say I love the site, and in the two weeks that I’ve been a member I’ve learned TONS of great information! But enough of that, lets get to the good stuff!!!!
First of all I have a stock 2002 Wrangler Sahara Edition, with around 54K miles on it. I’ve had it for around a month and have been itching to get some work done. I ordered from Jeffery at Rough Country a 3.25” Suspension lift as well as one of their steering stabilizers using the 2.2 Performance Shock. On the same day I also ordered 4 BFG MT KM2 33x10.50/R15 from Carlos at casanova4x4.com. The tires arrived last Thursday and due to the shocks being on backorder they aren’t arriving till tomorrow morning. I’ve been so excited about doing some work on my jeep I went ahead and took tomorrow off!
Since I had to wait a week on the shocks I went ahead and started to clean up some of the rust on the frame. I know that ultimately I should be using POR 15 on everything, but due to financial restrictions I went ahead and just used some 3M Professional Grade Rubberized Undercoating. Before I applied the undercoating I used a 3M Paint and Rust Remover. It was just and attachment you could connect to you drill/right angle grinder to remove all the rust before applying the undercoat. Here are the before and after shots.
There are still a few places I still need to get, but figured it would be easier to get to them while I’m installing the lift tomorrow night.