2001 WJ Custom Rack Custom Sub Box - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2001 WJ Custom Rack Custom Sub Box

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Rhinoguy
2001 WJ 

2001 WJ Custom Rack Custom Sub Box

So I wanted to get my spare tire up on the roof, but I wanted to know it was secure during off-road use. The stock railing rack that comes with the WJ left me in doubt. Grabbing a hold of it I would be able to get it to move quite a bit and I figured a good bump off roading with a 32″ tire on the top would cause it to rip off. So I chose to pull off the factory rack and install a Garvin Track Rack, after getting this installed I found it to be the most solid rack anyone could find.

Before

After

So now with the tire out of the way in the back I went ahead and built a custom box for my JL 12" woofer in the spare tire well.

I added two more braces to the box to hold the lid up, also the lid was giving off the horrible rattle so I screwed it down to the braces, now it sounds very clean.

Rhinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
coolens98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Those are some big pictures. And the roof rack looks awsome!

[SIZE="4"]SUPPORT JF[/SIZE]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/support-jeepforum-equipment-drive-963790/[/url]
coolens98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
Rhinoguy
2001 WJ 

Yea, didn't mean to get em so big. now you can see the detail tho
Rhinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.