2000 XJ Sport Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 XJ Sport Build

Paracord grab handles, door limiting, etc at JeepHut.comRough Country Deals at JeepHut.comNew! JK/U skid plate system.

Unread 12-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
vabeachmike

2000 XJ Cherokee 

2000 XJ Sport Build

I picked up a 2000 Sport on November 13 of this year. I'm and old geezer 64! Thought that I would start a build thread to help keep help track of my progress. I have owned several other Jeeps over the years, 2 XJs, 1 TJ and WJ. RE 3.5" Lift Kit on the way. I also order a set of Adjustable UC Arms and Track bar. Don't plan to get to crazy! I am sure that I will have lots of questions and thanks for the help in advance!

xj-2.jpg  
vabeachmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #2
91AzXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking rig. I have a 2000 SE which was a former state police vehicle. Mine is also white but has black flares and not side trim. Kind of a crappy pic but you get the idea. I have different bumpers front and rear now.
2kxj.jpg  
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2015, 06:50 AM   #3
vabeachmike

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Some progress made since my initial post I have the lift kit installed, the rear shock bolts were a real PIA!! The rest of the lift kit install was pain free.
img_7808.jpg   img_7810.jpg   img_7812.jpg   img_7863.jpg   img_7864.jpg  

lift-1.jpg   lift-2.jpg   lift-3.jpg  
Unread 02-28-2015, 07:12 AM   #4
vabeachmike

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Lift Additions

Did the work at a friends shop with his help. I did the full kit install using new rear leaf springs, adjustable upper control arms, lowers control arms, adjustable track bar, shocks, new front and rear brake lines and 1 inch transfer case drop. I also installed new u joints on the rear driveshaft . The lift was actually higher than specs , around 4.5 inches. I am hoping it will settle some. Its a high step getting in for an old geezer who's 65
Unread 02-28-2015, 07:25 AM   #5
vabeachmike

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Tire Install

Latest addition a set of Firestone Destinations 31X10.5X15 Sure helped the looks of the big old empty wheel wells and also the ride.
tires-1.jpg   tires-2.jpg   tires-3.jpg   tires-4.jpg  
Unread 02-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #6
vabeachmike

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Smittybilt Defender Roof rack

Added a Smittybilt Defender Series roof rack. We have had snow and cold temps here for the last month. Our normal temperatures here in February at the oceanfront are 52 daytime and 36 night. Been unusually cold for the last 2 months. I installed it last Saturday with snow on the ground and 26 degrees ! I used the roof rail adapter kit, it was an easy install.
roof-rack-1.jpg   roof-rack-2.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.