2000 XJ "build" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 XJ "build"

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #31
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

since then i've re-done 75% of the wireloom/tape under the hood, looks 10x better so far, i need to get new pix when i get back home. also cleaned/painted the exhuast/intake manifolds.

also, recently got

-some JK shocks
-RC BPE's for the front
-DetoursUSA STM rear shock relocators 1.75"
-KelleysWIP battery cable kit
-new waterpump/gasket
-new radiator/heater hoses

and scored a detoursusa tailbone rear tire carrier from a guy, ftw!

plan to make a trip to the junkyard when i get back in town and do a little searching for some rodeo leaf springs and some thunderbird coils, then I'll order a trackbar from Ironmanfab and some control arm drop brackets from RC as well. in the mean time I'm piecing together everything I need to install the head as well. Need a gasket kit, some new headbolts and ofcourse the head. Waiting until I'm back home (in town) for good to order it. My wife is pregnant and I dont want her even touching that thing to move it when it arrives b/c i dont want it sitting on the porch for long.

Unread 02-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #32
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

"This message was sent to you at the request of CLEARWATER CYL. HEAD to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS" Expected Delivery date 2/21/2012.

Head ordered! DetoursUSA tailbone tire carrier, should be here soon too

Here's a few updated pix of some progress

Unread 02-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #33
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow matt, This is all Awesome, I hadnt even considered the RElooming While its all torn apart for the head. But now that i see the end result. I think i will be mimicking your idea. Also Super clean And you wernt kidding about it being The same build. We both drive Awesome (soon to be awesome-er) xj's! cheers brother.

May 2014 COTM
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #34
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

got home from outta town and had some goodies.

i did all this from about 3am til 9am this morning. couldnt sleep when i got home from night shift and im off tonight so i went to the garage and did work.

traveled home 2.5hrs for my night off and got home about 3am (i get to leave early on travel night) and ofcourse got home and couldnt sleep... so...

cut the old bolts and slit em to help me align the head... got it on myself.
80lb head > 140lb me. head won the battle twice, but i won the war on the third attempt

Unread 02-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #35
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswampthing View Post
Wow matt, This is all Awesome, I hadnt even considered the RElooming While its all torn apart for the head. But now that i see the end result. I think i will be mimicking your idea. Also Super clean And you wernt kidding about it being The same build. We both drive Awesome (soon to be awesome-er) xj's! cheers brother.
haha thanks man! mine is almost there!
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

so, have got a lot done recently. got her running, has a cylinder 5 misfire code once it warms up at idle so gotta do a little troubleshooting there.

otherwise, took it out beside the house to a lil trail and took a couple pix

i did what i could with some pix i took last weekend. the sensor on my camera is fubared so they are really dirty/grainy looking hoping to get a d7000 for my bday

the headlights are true HID bixenon PROJECTORS so, yes.. while they are painted black, it has no effect on light output. also, the passenger side lens is PHOTOSHOPPED, i havent finished putting it together so itsaround with half stock/orange signals and half black projector/smoked signals lol

theres a trail right behind my house i just went to last weekend to get some shots until i get it inspected for some beach shots

Unread 03-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #37
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet HIDS. Grab some night time shots of the cut offs they look real nice
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks really clean man, I'd say your only biggest problem is a lack of pics showing of this beauty

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #39
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Sweet HIDS. Grab some night time shots of the cut offs they look real nice
thanks, i will. i just need to finish the passenger side light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
Looks really clean man, I'd say your only biggest problem is a lack of pics showing of this beauty

haha thanks. ill get more soon as i get it running right
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #40
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

i think the pictures look awesome hah
you just need more
reichard117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #41
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man. ill get more as soon as i get this misfire fixed so i can take it to better spots
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #42
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

cranked it up yesterday when i got home and decided to take the injector plug off of cyl 5 and low and behold it didnt change the way it ran at all. so its not firing whatsoever on cylinder 5. so i guess i got a wiring, injector or spark plug/coil pack issue. damn this distributor-less system.

i'll start with the basics swapping the plugs from the boschs to some ngk's and checkin injector wire voltages, etc
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #43
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

been quite some time since ive updated so here we go. the problem ended up being a collasped lifter, but with so much stuff i had to do at the house i put it on the back burner.

we had our first baby, Brynlee Faith on 8/7. Had 3 weeks off of work so finally got the XJ in the garage.

well now we've kinda "settled" in with the baby and i'm back to work, i got a few things done around the house including getting the garage half way decent, enough to get the XJ back in there...

pushed it down the driveway to turn it around so i could get the engine puller in there

already got the head off. plan to work on it this weekend and get everything ready for the engine puller, and maybe get it pulled. we will see.

Unread 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #44
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

also, some of you may remember my other xj. my old 98... my brotherinlaw bought it from me and we've been slowly working on it. he bought some spare icons my dad had and some treadwright 245/75s, new carpet, headliner, etc. it's looking real good

Unread 09-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #45
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

got the front clip off to make it easier to work on. got everything but motor mounts and trans bolts loose. itll be out next week hopefully.

got it out last weekend. on night shift now, but got all the accessories off. gotta get the harmonic balancer puller from my dad and get the crank out and go from there.

might end up 4.6 budge strokin it. can get a free 4.2 from a buddy at work, so highly considering stroker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.