2000 XJ "build" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 XJ "build"

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

its a casting flaw.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
its a casting flaw.
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

isnt that what you just asked?

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
Chrisp929
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm following. I just got my new to me 2001 xj last month. Thankfully i don't have a cracked head YET.

I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind.

What lift kit is that and how high is it.

What size tires are those ?

thanks man ..

sweet jeep.. my cousin owned a black one like yours till he smashed it up in a drunk driving accident. He eventually had it fixed at a body shop but then sold it since he had no license. I wanted a black one but was sold on mine, having been so clean inside and little to no rust other than the doors.

LOVING mine .. did a ton of work on her over the last couple weeks. Fixed the horribly leaking oil filter adaptor o rings the other day. Not fun but not that bad. I bought a Torx kit from harbor freight for like 11 bucks and cut the T60 in half to fit on a 3/8" breaker bar and got the adaptor loose that way. now all i have to do is eventually do the rear main seal but that will wait till late spring i think.
Please take pictures of your head/possible engine swap .. i'm interested .. as a shade tree mechanic myself, i plan to keep my xj for EVAR. Eventually i'll need an engine swap and i would love to see your progress on yours.
Good luck.
Chrisp929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #20
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
isnt that what you just asked?
how can you tell by looking at that pic whether or not it's a casting flaw or a crack? b/c i got the thing sitting right in front of me and i can't tell. obviously, the 0331 before the TUPY's were "flawed" causing cracking if overheated. im saying, i can't tell if it's a flaw in the casting that looks like a crack, or if it's an actual crack.

where else would the crack be? b/c i don't see anything else. ofcourse it could be so small i can't see it, but looking at other pics online, many of them crack in the same spot mine appears to be.
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #21
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man. Its just a 2" budget boost and some 245/75/16 Kevlar mtrs Yea ill do my best to take pics and update as I go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp929 View Post
I'm following. I just got my new to me 2001 xj last month. Thankfully i don't have a cracked head YET.

I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind.

What lift kit is that and how high is it.

What size tires are those ?

thanks man ..

sweet jeep.. my cousin owned a black one like yours till he smashed it up in a drunk driving accident. He eventually had it fixed at a body shop but then sold it since he had no license. I wanted a black one but was sold on mine, having been so clean inside and little to no rust other than the doors.

LOVING mine .. did a ton of work on her over the last couple weeks. Fixed the horribly leaking oil filter adaptor o rings the other day. Not fun but not that bad. I bought a Torx kit from harbor freight for like 11 bucks and cut the T60 in half to fit on a 3/8" breaker bar and got the adaptor loose that way. now all i have to do is eventually do the rear main seal but that will wait till late spring i think.
Please take pictures of your head/possible engine swap .. i'm interested .. as a shade tree mechanic myself, i plan to keep my xj for EVAR. Eventually i'll need an engine swap and i would love to see your progress on yours.
Good luck.
Unread 01-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #22
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

you highlighted it yourself....

and if that is between cylinders 3 and 4 then yes, its most likely from the casting flaw.

Unread 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #23
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

lol. i know that's where most of them crack b/c of a casting flaw, but when i said flaw, i meant as in an uneven finish in the cast, not a crack, but more so a raise.

but yea, its defniitely cracked.

magnaflux...

Unread 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

so, it'll be a lil while til i get all the parts i need ordered/acquired b/c of working so much, so figured i would start cleaning up the wiring/loom, etc and do a lil cleaning/painting in the bay.

starting moving stuff out the way and taking old loom/tape off... what a friggen rats nest.

think i've cleaned about 50 of these out when i removed the front clip

pile of crap. jeep cleaned up a lil

Unread 01-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

cleaned up, fresh paint and some new wire loom. still lots to do on this side. then work my way to the drivers side

Unread 01-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
02greytj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

looks really clean with the moabs on there! i have a 01 xj with 130k on it. Im afraid to pull the head and check for casting flaws
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

id just be religous with checkin the coolant, keeping an eye on the temp and keeping it clean. i bought this one with the head cracked, so i kinda knew what i had on my hands.
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
02greytj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i just installed a new radiator and t stat, so hopefully it will be good
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:06 AM   #29
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

sweet. mine has a new radiator on it too. putting a new water pump, inlet tube, hoses and t-stat on it as well.
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #30
matt62485
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.