2000 WJ Jeep Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 WJ Jeep Build

50% Off Sale at KrawlOff-Road.comBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CARB Air Lockers Savings !

Unread 02-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
Ryabauer94
2000 WJ 

2000 WJ Jeep Build

Hey everyone, just thought I should start posting on here what I'm starting to do with my WJ, I'm halfway broke (college student) so its going to be a bit longer to finish my project, but anyhow... I'm going to be installing a dual antenna 4' CB radio, a bull bar with lights, a light bar, and a light in the back (almost done with that, just need to finish the wiring and the light is complete)

I have a draft of what I hope the final product looks like.

jeps.jpg   jep.jpg   hope.jpg  
Ryabauer94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
Ryabauer94
2000 WJ 

Got most of the wiring complete for the rear light today, I thought using the roof rack as a ground would work but I was wrong, I'll find some other way to ground it after school tomorrow, took a bit of troubleshooting in -5 F out on street parking so that was a fun experience lol.

I'm using 16 gauge for this light, only 36 Watt Bulb in the system at the moment, not as bright as I hoped it would so I'll see what I come up with, maybe it will stay, I pulled the wires beneath the trim on the left side, by the drivers seat and I brought the wires into the center compartment, for my switches, I'm wiring them to go right in front of the shifters on the drivers side, I drilled a hole for the rear light today, I'll drill as I need more switches, I'm thinking 4 in total (cb, light bar, front lights, rear light) all will be coming directly from battery power, and the CB is the only one to be grounded directly to the battery.

I'll try and post images on what I did with my switch tomorrow if I can, was such a difficult task trying to figure out where to install switches on a WJ, but I really do like this spot though.

Later guys!
Unread 02-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #3
Ryabauer94
2000 WJ 

To anyone who has installed a CB on a WJ, have you had any problems running mounts for the antennas? I have 3 ft of 1/8 inch flat stock steel and Ive been trying to find a way of installing the mount without too much of a squeeze, but the mount catches and drags between the tail light and the frame of the vehicle no matter what, would it be any bit advisable to hammer at the frame just a bit to make room for the mount?
Unread 02-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
Ryabauer94
2000 WJ 

This is how I'm setting up my switches, it fits perfectly there and is extremely easy to gain access to, I highly recommend this to anyone who is confused about where to install them on the WJ

I'm going to run the CB and Rear lights running only 35 A switches and no relay, the other two lights(well 3 technically) I MIGHT run relays, I have not decided yet. Everything gets its own switch too I'd like to add.

Peace,
RB
switc.jpg   swit.jpg  
Unread 02-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #5
Ryabauer94
2000 WJ 

Ordered a Westin Safari bar with a black powder coat on Friday, waiting for arrival on that, I'll post pictures when I get the bar, I have some cheap square off road lights that I plan on installing, upgraded the bulbs from 55w to 100w;but depending on how they look on it I may go for a cheaper version of KC's (Harbor Freights' brand.)
we_1953_safari_light_bar_3x.jpg  
Unread 02-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #6
Ryabauer94
2000 WJ 

I had a problem with it yesterday, I found my ATF fluid to be down about 2 1/2 Qts... I have no idea what happened, it's like someone drained it while I was at work...

On Saturday I was in another town (an hour away from work) driving at 60 mph the engine/tranny was grand, when I drove home after work I noticed I wasn't shifting into overdrive no matter what, engine was warm, stopped and accelerated, turned overdrive off/on while driving to try and engage it, thought it was my tranny just was messing with me, but when I drove back to work yesterday, saw that my dipstick had about an 1/8th inch of fluid on it, I checked for leaks last night and saw some type of oil between the engine and transmission, but it was to dark to see what color, looks like motor oil to me though, I'll check it out again when I'm out of school, but even if it is leaking, there's no puddle beneath me I wonder if it couldn't have jettisoned itself out if I was working the engine too much on the way back to work.

No idea what's going on...

I'll keep you guys posted.

Peace,
-Ryan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.