2000 White XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 White XJ

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
BourbonGhost
2000 XJ Cherokee 

2000 White XJ

My first vehicle was a 1991 XJ when I was 15. That was in 1999. It had 250K on it when we bought it. I didn't do too much to it, because teenagers don't have much money. By the time I got to college, it was over 300K and dead.

In college, I owned a hand-me-down Altima for the gas mileage, followed by a hand-me-down Maxima.

Finally, out of college, I could afford something I wanted. I settled on a 2003 Isuzu Axiom. Loved it. This is what it looked like when I picked it up at 109K

After 1 year of ownership:

And finally, this is what it looked like when I got rid of it 3 weeks ago, at 160K.

That particular model has been known for it's engine problems. I decided that at 160K, she'd wasn't worth the risk.

When deciding to purchase something new, I thought back to my very first car, that 1991 white XJ. Maybe it's because it was my first vehicle, but I always had a special bond with it. That's when I decided to start looking for last model white XJ.

I located one for sale at a dealership about 90 miles away from me, and this one only had 98K on the engine.

This was when I picked it up.

That was Tuesday, September 17th.

LOTS of work to be done. But it's a really straight truck. Cleanest XJ I've come across in a while.

I've already installed a new Kenwood head unit/iPhone media player. I also spend the last few days coating the bumpers & all exterior plastic parts in Line-X.

I've ordered a 3" Rough Country suspension lift w/ new leaf kit, which hopefully will be going on tonight if I have the time. I've also ordered a set of 31" BFG A/T's which should be here this afternoon. Add to that the 16" Rubicon wheels and she should look like a completely different truck in a few days.

I've also bought and installed a complete new Yakima rack. There's something about those that make a truck really stand out. Plus the 58" bars mean I can carry more than 2 kayaks.

Glad to be here, and really glad to be back in an XJ.

BourbonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
BourbonGhost
2000 XJ Cherokee 

New lift, new tires, & new Yakima rack:

What a difference a week makes!

I also bedlined all the molding and the rear bumper end caps. I sanded down the rear stock bumper and bedlined it too for the time being. I just dropped a ton in the last week, so upgrading the bumpers might be a little ways away.

I also got the Rugged Ridge AT Floormats which fit perfectly.

List of things still to do in no particular order:

Tire Mount Hitch (Detours)
Taillights (Updated Red & Clear)
Modern corner & turn signal lights
Infinity Speakers
Cargo Liner
AntennaX
Rock Sliders
Skid plates
New Differential Cover
D-Rings
Tail light guards (which are surprisingly hard to find.)

And somewhere way down the road, an ARB locker.
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #3
BourbonGhost
2000 XJ Cherokee 

My driver side window doesn't work. Seems like it stopped working right about the time I installed my new head unit. Is there a chance it's a fuse or something I miswired on the install?
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
BourbonGhost
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Is anyone out there?
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looks good so far! It would probably be wise to check the fuses and then the wiring again if you're still having trouble. I think that was sort of a common problem with Cherokees from that year.

I really liked your Isuzu too, I have never seen one of those before.
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
SundaysHero

The Isuzu was sick looking neither have I seen one, while were on the XJ subject I need advice also. Not mechanically inclined coming from a family of mechanics lol. Here is my post to 2 XJ's in my sights any suggestions on the information i have provided. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/...lease-1646705/
SundaysHero is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.