2000 jeep cherokee xj build :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 jeep cherokee xj build :)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey! A few weeks ago I bought a 2000 jeep Cherokee (xj) 4 door sport 4.0l automatic with 134,000 on It. It's my first vehicle and I helped my brother build his Toyota pick up with 12" of lifts and 38's with a solid axle swap. so he's hooked me onto off roading.

Anways thats got nothing todo with the jeep so I bought it a week or two ago and I have BIG plans for this jeep. I plan on doing a 3-4.5" lift and 31s not huge but good enough for where I live ( trails arnt insane) I plan on putting 15x8" procomp black wheels. Any ways lets get down to the jeep.

The jeep as it sits today

image-1883501125.jpg

Just flexed it out a little

image-2712725978.jpg

Thanks for reading, I hope there's more reading as my jeep goes on haha hard to do this on a high school budget!

Plans in mind just not enough cash haha
myleshogan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Update!

Not a big one haha but I did buy something!

I ended up buying some led effect clear to chromed lens marking and signal lights I saw it on another Cherokee same color as mine and I liked it alot so I bought my self a pair should be here twomarow I'll put a pic up of them in the jeep twomarow but here's a picture of the product for now, got them on eBay for 40$ I believe or some were around there haha

Product

image-3632381856.jpg

Thanks for reading

Unread 07-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Update!

I got sick of looking at my jeep sitting in the yard lookin stock so I hopped on the computer and went to work I ended up buying a 3" "budget lift" Including 3" coil spacers and 2-2.5" shackels!
Haha yeah I'm excited I bought it last night so should be here this week here's a pic of the product and of course there will be many pics of it in the jeep and of course a few posts while putting the lift in also orderd the front Rough country 2.0? Nitro shocks I'm not sure if it's 2.0 but I believe it is. Waiting to get paid to buy the rear set of shocks haha sucks not having money! Well here's a few pics of what I bought its thinned out my wallet 170$ for the lift and front set of shocks so here's what I bought

3" suspension lift

image-3050028770.jpg

And the front rough country N2.0 shocks

image-1693848936.jpg

Thanks for reading much more to come

Unread 07-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Update

Well.... I got in the lights and of course figures they sent me 2 sets of the side markers so I have thouse on and im in the process of getting the other lights so heres some pictures of the side lights they look good

Before

image-2956001986.jpg

The lights

image-4094382036.jpg

On the jeep but lights turnt off

image-1386071755.jpg

On jeep but lights turnt on

image-2339241338.jpg

Thanks for reading hopefully I'll have the front lights soon
image-126974512.jpg  

Unread 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Update

I did get ahold of the company I got the lights from and there sending me the bumper lights free of charge and I get to keep the second pair of marking lights so cool deal there also got an email from UPS and my lift is on the way so yeah haha ready to throw that in

Thanks for reading

Unread 07-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Is any one reading this?

Unread 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
-Otter-
1993 ZJ 

Sure am
-Otter- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
griff95zj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

looking good! i have the clear lights but theyre broken so im buying new ones, are yours good quality?
griff95zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I like em alot so far there not bad for 40$ there not fogging up so there worth the money to me I like them a lot better than the orange ones, I'm just not sure if there legal do you know if they are?

Unread 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
scjeep69
2002 KJ Liberty 

Their legal as long as urs blinkers still light up orange i have thesmoked ones on my libby n love em
scjeep69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ohhhh theres the catch as long as they light up orange mine are white or clear so there's no color

Unread 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
Swerv3
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I really like that grey color man
Swerv3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Update

Well my lift came in today got the Back in tonight I wasint as pleased as I though I was gonna be its not much higher in the back I think, maybe just enough to fit 31s but that's all I'm really going for now sooooo this may do for now may be getting a 4.5" rough Country lift to throw under the 3" budget kit but it's gonna stay as is for a while gonna be putting the front in Friday, havin a few friends help so we should made quick time of it, I'll have some pics for all you guys reading anyways here's some pictures

Got the drivers side shackel out in like 10 mins I thought I was gonna cruze right through it at that point
image-1402740268.jpg

After about an hour and a half of dickin around with it trying to push the leaf sprig down to get into the shackle I finnaly looked up and saw I for got to take off the sway bar just laughed at my self and kept on going

image-3266895996.jpg

Well I got the drivers side in and tightens up that went nice after the sway bar was disconnected

image-65360246.jpg

The passenger side shackle would NOT!! Come out so I beat it with a crow bar and hammer and managed to get the bolt out and worked good after that so I got I all together in a matter of 2 and a 1/2 hours it was dumb haha but it's a little higher

image-2838508350.jpg

Well this is the after math it's a little higher like I said on Friday I will be putting the front in that will bring the front up 3" yeah!

image-3250842185.jpg

Flexed it out a little couse you have to after you lift it haha

image-3915148682.jpg

Thanks for reading guys check back Friday and you'll see the front a little higher.
image-2298493451.jpg   image-1816194576.jpg  

Unread 07-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
myleshogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks i didint want a gray one much i wanted either a Black Dark Green or Red one but now looking at other cherokees you dont see Gray ones very often so i'm likeing the gray more and more

Unread 07-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
-Otter-
1993 ZJ 

Looking good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.