2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport (XJ Street Performance) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport (XJ Street Performance)

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-04-2002, 12:52 PM   #46
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I can't help but throw my .02 worth in. First off, I love almost all vehicles. I've got motor oil in my blood!

It all boils down to personal prefrence. It's your jeep, do whatever you want with it. To hell with anybody who doesn't like it. But.............when asking for opinions, realize that this site does seem to be about 95% offroad oriented.

My biggest concern with street jeeps is the suspension, and drag. The XJ is a shoe box. The Solid axle front is not meant for high speed handling. The fundemental design for the XJ was for offroading. There is nothing wrong with wanting to go fast, or even dragging your jeep, but know that it does have limitations.

Ghetto2315 - Your jeep does look clean, not my cup of tea, but clean none the less. One thing though, I'd lose the nerf bars and have some rocksliders installed. It would give is a cleaner look.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2002, 05:21 PM   #47
Hank

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto2315

Hank, maybe you should take a break from this forum and order hooked-oh-phonics becuase you CAN'T READ! Your making an *** out of yourself again by assuming.... Where the HELL did I EVER say that I could take an Overland? I merely said that I would just take my XJ over an Overland anyday in general... so what dont you understand

Again, you CAN'T READ! I NEVER said that there was something wrong with running the dunes. I know it's popular (I live on the shore)...but your original question was "why didnt I mod my Jeep to be an off-roader?" and I said "I am away and busy at school and have NO TIME to do anything... not even take my street XJ to the track, what makes you think I have time to go off-roading??" Hmmmm did I say I had a problem with the dunes??

I wasted money on my BMW? Sorry I couldnt earn the $72,000 for a new Dodge Viper GTS... I'm a student, ya know? But I felt kind of good when I earned my $46,000 for my BMW... maybe I should sell it and buy two of your TJs

Anything else Hank? I'm not trying to crush on you but you just have WAY too much time on your hands to try and get back at me for every single one of my posts. I thought I made it clear in my past post that the flaming was over??

BTW, www.hookedonphonics.com haha J/K Hank

Ha, I'd love to spend half of what you did on that BMW and buy a car that can WASTE it.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2002, 05:45 PM   #48
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by balloo93

Ghetto2315 - Your jeep does look clean, not my cup of tea, but clean none the less. One thing though, I'd lose the nerf bars and have some rocksliders installed. It would give is a cleaner look.
Hey Balloo93, some people have told me to do that recently... just havent had the time to look for them... to tell you the truth, I dont even know what they are Where can I get them??

Anyways, Hank... is your TJ on the Registry?

2001 TJ SAHARA - STONE WHITE - 4.0L - 5MT
( ) |||||||| ( )
Ghetto2315 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2002, 05:52 PM   #49
hjeepxj

Quote:

Hey Balloo93, some people have told me to do that recently... just havent had the time to look for them... to tell you the truth, I dont even know what they are Where can I get them??

they are really small, square nerfbars (normally 2x2") I have some, take a look at the bottom of my home page

you can get them from tomken, orgs, couple other places...ill try and remember

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2002, 06:31 PM   #50
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Actually the ones that hjeepxj runs on his are what you might want to consider. They clean up the lines and are functional as well. Can't go wrong with that. This way if you ever do cross over to the dark side ( 6" lift, 35" MT, ect) you'll be half way there.

Just my opinion mind you, but I think the sliders are a close cousin to the sub-frame connectors I run on my Mustang gt. My 88gt is also a unibody and the subs give it a lot more structural integrity.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2002, 07:03 PM   #51
hjeepxj

mine are the exact same style as tomkens, but mine will cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of 150, without shipping (theyre custom) if you want some, give me a hollar, ill send you to the guy

im not sure on shipping though....

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
Unread 12-05-2002, 08:58 AM   #52
Hank

Quote:

No, not here. It's on another forum. If you want, I will post a pic.
Unread 12-05-2002, 12:52 PM   #53
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank

No, not here. It's on another forum. If you want, I will post a pic.

Yeah, could you? The other forum your reffering to is not Jeeps Unlimited (www.jeepunlimited.com), is it?

( ) |||||||| ( )
Unread 12-05-2002, 01:54 PM   #54
hjeepxj

Quote:

Yeah, could you? The other forum your reffering to is not Jeeps Unlimited (www.jeepunlimited.com), is it?
im going to guess pirate......

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

-Pat Green
Unread 12-05-2002, 06:45 PM   #55
93jeepyj2.5

Nope, its over at www.jeeps4me.com

Why do y'all want to see it? Its just a Red stock TJ?

-Heath

03 TJ Sport.....31" MT/R's on MT Classic II's
93jeepyj2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2002, 11:37 PM   #56
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by 93jeepyj2.5
Nope, its over at www.jeeps4me.com

Why do y'all want to see it? Its just a Red stock TJ?

-Heath

Just curious thats all... nevermind though, I saw it at www.jeeps4me.com. Nice rig Hank

( ) |||||||| ( )
Unread 12-06-2002, 12:18 PM   #57
Hank

Quote:

Just curious thats all... nevermind though, I saw it at www.jeeps4me.com. Nice rig Hank

Thanks man.
Unread 12-06-2002, 01:34 PM   #58
Invisible

Just to put in my 2 cents as well. Currently my Jeep is basically stock, but is somewhat a street Jeep, b/c I have run it at the track, (16.48) and I use it to blow away rice rockets, not other Jeeps. As long as it is a Jeep its alright in my book. Though that lowered GC didn't do anything for me. Ghetto, your Jeep is cool looking. I'd put racing stripes on anything, even if it had 44 inch tires. I just like stripes. They add horsepower
Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2002, 03:01 PM   #59
A-Teamer

True stripes are cool, I think you should add a hood scoop(semi-functional) that would add to the look your going for. I also think that rock sliders would look better than the nerfs, if I could go back I would switch. I am more into the mudding than street racing but can still apprechiate someone moding a JEEP(or anything for that matter). Nice rig.
Unread 12-06-2002, 04:51 PM   #60
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by A-Teamer
True stripes are cool, I think you should add a hood scoop(semi-functional) that would add to the look your going for. I also think that rock sliders would look better than the nerfs, if I could go back I would switch. I am more into the mudding than street racing but can still apprechiate someone moding a JEEP(or anything for that matter). Nice rig.

Hmmm hood scoops... I need to see some pics of a XJ with hood scoops first. Again with the rock sliders, I'm still debating... either way I think they would like good. I might just keep the nerfs becuase my grandparents like using them while getting in and out

Thanks for the compliments A-Teamer and MatthewJ

( ) |||||||| ( )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.