2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport (XJ Street Performance) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport (XJ Street Performance)

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-02-2002, 05:49 PM   #31
hjeepxj

Quote:
Originally posted by 93jeepyj2.5

Dude, there really is no need for sarcasm.

I wasnt Sarcastic or "smart" to you, so why are you being like that to me?

-Heath
dam...I didnt think youd take my sarcasm to such heart

sorry mang

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 06:04 PM   #32
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

for one, i was just giving my opinion. Also in my opinion a lifted jeep that never sees dirt is a street jeep as well. The bottom line is it is this guys XJ and he can do whatever he wants with it. I just think that street jeeps suck.
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 06:40 PM   #33
hjeepxj

Quote:
Originally posted by big yj
for one, i was just giving my opinion. Also in my opinion a lifted jeep that never sees dirt is a street jeep as well. The bottom line is it is this guys XJ and he can do whatever he wants with it. I just think that street jeeps suck.
street jeepers really dont care, you can post as much opinion as you want, but it is his REGISTRY! not just him posting in the tech forum: "what do you guys think of my rig?" he doesnt go into your registry posting, gawd offroad jeeps suck

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
Unread 12-02-2002, 06:47 PM   #34
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

hjeepxj, calm down man, i hope he doesn't care what i think of his truck because i could care less what he or you think of my jeep. I personally hope he get as much enjoyment out of that XJ as i get out of my jeep. Say what you want, he asked for opinions so i gave mine. And if my street jeeps comment hit a little to close to home with you i am really sorry.

Last edited by tube yj; 12-02-2002 at 07:24 PM..
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 08:38 PM   #35
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank

You didn't say it directly, but if you can take an Overland you have to have shaved almost 3 seconds off your 0-60.

I your prickish BMW is for speed, then why on earth didn't you mod. the Jeep to be an Off-roader??????

I didnt say it directly? I NEVER even thought about my XJ shaving off 3-seconds, you assumed... Ever heard of making an *** out of yourself by assuming?? As for your off-road question, you can go ahead and read (becuase you do that so well) in my above posts that I am away and busy at school and have NO TIME to do anything... not even take my street XJ to the track, what makes you think I have time to go off-roading?? Besides, I live on the Jersey Shore... nowhere to go off-roading, unless you count those sand dunes As for my "prickish" BMW, yeah I'm happy with my investment thank you very much. I agree with hjeepxj that "street jeepers" really dont care about opinions.... I mean I value them and sometimes they are useful... but us "street jeepers" have learned what is flaming / sarcasm and what is meant for the better.

2001 TJ SAHARA - STONE WHITE - 4.0L - 5MT
( ) |||||||| ( )
Ghetto2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 09:07 PM   #36
rustyCJ

just curious but how have you afforded all your.....ummm......mods. how did you afford your BMW? i was a college kid once and even though i worked a good paying full time job while going to school, i was still always broke.
Unread 12-02-2002, 09:39 PM   #37
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by rustyCJ
just curious but how have you afforded all your.....ummm......mods. how did you afford your BMW? i was a college kid once and even though i worked a good paying full time job while going to school, i was still always broke.
I am lucky and fortunate enough for my father to own a very sucessfull family restaurant in a wealthy town. It's the people you always see around that keep my father in business (I live in the same town as Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Kevin Smith, Heraldo, and Heath Ledger... they pop in once in awhile. Nice people for being famous). The bar, which is always packed, is where I get my income from... and it's nice to get help from pops once in awhile (under the table ). He was the one who bought me my XJ, but I worked my *** off for the BMW. If you would like to see pics of my BMW, I will post them later...but only upon request as this is a Jeep Forum. Again, I am lucky and fortunate to be growing up in a comfortablr lifestyle, but dont worry... I still get that feeling when you pay for things by yourself...

( ) |||||||| ( )
Unread 12-02-2002, 10:03 PM   #38
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking about Street Jeeps... here is one on the cover of Truckin SUV.

( ) |||||||| ( )
Unread 12-03-2002, 01:23 PM   #39
Hank

Quote:
Originally posted by 93jeepyj2.5

Apparently you have never taken the 2.5 off road. Theres nothing wrong with the 2.5 when it comes to offroad at all.

-Heath

Well sorry, that guy is wrong. Go ahead and check motortrend because that guy is 1 second off. An XJ is 9.4 period.

A TJ will take an XJ stock cause I've seen it numerous times and a TJ is like around 9 or so.

Get your facts straight and don't believe rumors.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #40
Hank

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto2315

I didnt say it directly? I NEVER even thought about my XJ shaving off 3-seconds, you assumed... Ever heard of making an *** out of yourself by assuming?? As for your off-road question, you can go ahead and read (becuase you do that so well) in my above posts that I am away and busy at school and have NO TIME to do anything... not even take my street XJ to the track, what makes you think I have time to go off-roading?? Besides, I live on the Jersey Shore... nowhere to go off-roading, unless you count those sand dunes As for my "prickish" BMW, yeah I'm happy with my investment thank you very much. I agree with hjeepxj that "street jeepers" really dont care about opinions.... I mean I value them and sometimes they are useful... but us "street jeepers" have learned what is flaming / sarcasm and what is meant for the better.
Well you said you could take an overland and they are almost 3 seconds faster 0-60 than you, so what dont you understand?
Second, what the heck is wrong with running the dunes?? Lots of people do that all of the time. That is quite popular if you haven't heard.

And if you want speed, you wasted money on the BMW.
Unread 12-03-2002, 01:29 PM   #41
Hank

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto2315
Speaking about Street Jeeps... here is one on the cover of Truckin SUV.

.jpg[/IMG]

I'm currently puking.
Unread 12-03-2002, 03:01 PM   #42
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank

Well you said you could take an overland and they are almost 3 seconds faster 0-60 than you, so what dont you understand?
Second, what the heck is wrong with running the dunes?? Lots of people do that all of the time. That is quite popular if you haven't heard.

And if you want speed, you wasted money on the BMW.
Hank, maybe you should take a break from this forum and order hooked-oh-phonics becuase you CAN'T READ! Your making an *** out of yourself again by assuming.... Where the HELL did I EVER say that I could take an Overland? I merely said that I would just take my XJ over an Overland anyday in general... so what dont you understand

Again, you CAN'T READ! I NEVER said that there was something wrong with running the dunes. I know it's popular (I live on the shore)...but your original question was "why didnt I mod my Jeep to be an off-roader?" and I said "I am away and busy at school and have NO TIME to do anything... not even take my street XJ to the track, what makes you think I have time to go off-roading??" Hmmmm did I say I had a problem with the dunes??

I wasted money on my BMW? Sorry I couldnt earn the $72,000 for a new Dodge Viper GTS... I'm a student, ya know? But I felt kind of good when I earned my $46,000 for my BMW... maybe I should sell it and buy two of your TJs

Anything else Hank? I'm not trying to crush on you but you just have WAY too much time on your hands to try and get back at me for every single one of my posts. I thought I made it clear in my past post that the flaming was over??

BTW, www.hookedonphonics.com haha J/K Hank

( ) |||||||| ( )
Unread 12-03-2002, 06:05 PM   #43
hjeepxj

hey hank, i hope you like words, cause youre gonna have a months worth of left overs....(lol, that was dumb)

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...fs.xml?&page=3

8.4 secs, motor trend must have started out in second, you dont even have proof....

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

-Pat Green
Unread 12-03-2002, 06:55 PM   #44
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

HMM, Must be something in the water.
Unread 12-03-2002, 08:35 PM   #45
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

My '71 CJ5 will take any stock Jeep ever produced..... for the first 30 feet

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.