20+ year rebuild.... HELP!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 20+ year rebuild.... HELP!!!!!!!

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
glfarren

20+ year rebuild.... HELP!!!!!!!

Hey Gang! This is the first of many posts I will have to finish this Jeep. I have a 79 CJ7. I have had this thing since the late 80's. I bought it in Colorado, drove it a couple years and Mud raced it once and got 2nd place. That is what started this rebuild, second wasn't good enough. Any way, engine, tranny and drive train are complete. Lacking a few things here and there. I bought a 77 mainly for the glass body and wish I would have spent the money for steel. But what is done is done....

So, I am looking for input to mount the (unknown brand) body. First I have no usable or measurable bolts. Can any one help with length and diameter of bolts needed? I am also thinking I am going to have to lift the body some for tire clearance. I have 35" radials and am concerned with turning clearance. I do have 4" springs and extended shackles. I'll have more questions/advice requests, but I will start with this.

Thanks in advance,
Glfarren

glfarren is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.