1st Time Jeep Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1st Time Jeep Owner

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
j33p99
1999 FSJ Cherokee 

1st Time Jeep Owner

Hey All,

I have finally, after years of wanting a Jeep, bought one. I decided to take a beat up 1999 Cherokee (Straight 6), and restore her. I'm starting with immediate concerns first, in order of importance: Engine Cooling, Electrical and Suspension but aside from that I'm just really excited to start fixing the Jeep up.

I have already replaced the Shocks, Ball Joints, Radiator and given her a basic tune up. (I intend to replace every gasket, rotor, belt and hose as well)

I was hoping to get advice from anyone that cares to give it. I'm basically looking for information. Aside from this one, are there any other books, sites etc. I should be looking at in regards to this model Jeep? Are there any huge issues with this model (from what I can tell - there isn't except for the death rattle) Second, places that sell parts, aside from Rocks Auto and some local places what else is out there...besides google - ha.

Third and last - I expect Ill be modifying it as well - I'd love to get some ideas, especially from people that have the same year/model. I want it to be utility, but have a little flash as well...but basically I want it to be a beast while preserving its original look.

Please and Thank You in Advance for any who answer.

Hope you all have a wicked good summah!

J33p99

j33p99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
Aaleck
2011 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the club! I'm sure there's a lot of good information on here that you could use just by searching through the threads. Good luck!
Aaleck is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.