1998 Wrangler Survival Edition - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1998 Wrangler Survival Edition

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
JeepGrunt

1998 Wrangler Survival Edition

Well, here's my 6th Jeep project, my new to me 1998 Wrangler. From my SIG you can see this isn't my first go-around.

Jeep has high mileage, 4.0 6cyl with an automatic transmission. Painted flat black bed liner over red, with ugly lime green wheels. Came with both Hard and Soft tops, rocker armors, skid plate, small lift, HD front and rear bumpers, and a warn winch that doesn't work. Supposedly just needs a solenoid.

Got it deathly cheap. All my builds (to me since these are jeeps were modifying) have a survival theme already as they were intended to uphold throughout the years. I'm gonna go paint over the lime green then start my search for a set of used 33's. Wish me luck!

Unread 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
USMCHarleyJeepG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

pics man!
USMCHarleyJeepG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
JeepGrunt

Haha here's some before pictures:

and a couple of after pictures. hard to tell the differences, sanded and painted the rust, and spots that were missing paint.. painted the mirror brackets and the rails for the top of the side. also painted interior floor with bedliner, pictures to come.

The spots that you see aren't painted is actually just mud, didn't have the heart to take it off

Also, the warn winch seen in the picture above, doesn't work. I read on another forum a guy rebuild his and made it look awesome for 45 bucks, with the help of Warn. however, if mine needs a new motor, that's another hundred bucks.

Last edited by JeepGrunt; 07-26-2013 at 06:59 AM..
JeepGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.