Long time no post in here.
Nothing much has changed but that's going to change soon. Trans still leaks like a siv, but when the tcase goes in, the trans is getting pulled (FML) and oil pump seals and gaskets are getting replaced. I'm looking forward to NOT smelling burnt trans oil (flys from dust plate to downpipe and burn-i-fies) after a long drive.
Picked up my new window regulator and swapped the old motor to it. If you do this, be careful with the spring! Re-glued the clear and black plastic covering to the door with 3M Super 90 (normally used for headliner).
Got the 242 torn down and ready for cleanup and complete overhaul. Ended up twisting off a bit getting the roll pin out. We tried to pry the forks out before it broke but couldn't get it. For some reason, AFTER we broke the bit, things were aligned just right to where we could pull the mode fork out. We then pulled the rail and range fork, pounded out the roll pin and got everything apart. Everything looks pretty good, but wear items will get replaced to be on the safe side.
The chain, however, is a different story... see video.
Next up... 3" magnaflow cat, 3" flowmaster 50 suv, 3" to 2.5" (for downpipe to cat) reducer, and NGK oxygen sensors. Fully welded and painted system utilizing the stock tailpipe. I may get rid of the kinked area on the tailpipe, but I'll for sure do the one on the downpipe.