1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
Bright Platinum Metallic Paint
235-70-R16 Firestone Destination LE2
Dana 44a with Working LSD
NP-242 Transfer Case
Jeep Modification/Repair List Since Purchase
- OEM Jeep PCV Valve
- Valve Cover Gaskets
- New Crankcase Vent Grommet and Element
- Idler and Belt Tensioner Pulleys
- Napa serpentine belt
- Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt (Napa squealed even after warranty replacement)
- Dorman Harmonic Balancer
- Oil filter adapter gasket
- Oil pan gasket
- Rear main seal
Fuel + Ignition:
- Napa/Belden spark plug wires
- Napa/Belden distributor cap and rotor
- Champion Platinum spark plugs
- NGK 2756 copper spark plugs (Installed while diagnosing pinging. One range colder than OE spec)
- 4-hole Fuel Injector upgrade. Sourced as a flowmatched kit from eBay
- Radiator from radiatorbarn.com
- Upper and Lower hoses for a 5.2 cut to fit 5.9 Electric Fan coolant temp switches
- Stant Radiator Cap
- Stant 195* Thermostat
- ACDelco Water Pump
- VDO fan motor replacement with Motorcraft pigtail. Plug and play replacement.
Intake + Exhaust:
- Intake Manifold Plenum Pan aluminum replacement with Fel-Pro gaskets.
- New Intake Air and Coolant Temperature sensors
- Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
- NTK Oxygen Sensors
- 3" Magnaflow Catalytic Convertor
- 3" Magnaflow Muffler
- OE Tail Pipe
- Replaced some steel discs and all soft parts.
- Overdrive disassembled and rebuilt with new clutches.
- New torque convertor
- Would not hold pressure in 3rd. Would downshift into second until throttle valve pressure was applied and when slam into gear. Diagnosed as too much endplay. - - Seal rings would not hold be in correct location. Rebuilt at almost minimum play spec with larger spacer rings.
- New torque convertor per warranty.
- Overdrive housing replaced due to bearing snap ring wearing into housing.
NP242 (from 97 ZJ 4.0)
- Full Rebuild and Direct Swap
- VIC wiring connector change
- Linkage rebuild kit for XJ. New bushings and center support bearing.
- Rear Driveshaft shortened 1" to accommodate longer rear transfer case output, rebalanced and new 1330 Spicer U-Joints.
- Transfer case not modified as it would not solve the interference issue (common misconception)
- Carrier bearings
- Dorman Reman CV Shafts
- Timken/Precision Hubs
- Full overhaul, w/o LSD rebuild (functions 100%)
- Installed a set of used axle shafts. Mine were wore out by the wheel bearings.
- PowerStop Brake Pads F+R
- Raybestos Advanced Technology Rotors
Steering & Suspension:
- Spicer Ball Joints
- Moog trackbar
- Moog upper/lower control arms
- Monroe steering stabilizer
- Mevotech greasable sway bar end links
- Mevotech 26mm swaybar frame brushings
- Monroe Sensamatic Shock Absorbers
- Crown E-Code Headlamps
- PIAA H4 Bulbs
- Headlight Relay Harness (bypasses factory wiring for more voltage to bulbs)
- Clear Front Corner Parking Lamps
- Alpine Head Unit iPod/MP3/CD/AM/FM
- Boss Sub Amplifier (very small)
- 1980 era Subwoofer
- Infinity Reference speakers in Front Doors and Sound Bar. Rear Door speakers removed.
- Bulldog Remote Start (Winter only. Slight parasitic draw)
- Napa Right Front Window Regulator.
- Brand new OEM keys cut by dealership from VIN
- New Hatch Struts
- Rubber Cup Holder Insert
- Disassembled and repainted gauge needles (orange model paint)
- Emergency Brake rebuild
- Rear wiper motor lubricated with WD40 and brought back to life by hand-force.
- Disabled memory seat function and PDM swap from 96 ZJ with keyfobs
- Drivers-side heated seat repair
If anyone has questions about anything I've done, feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to help
Pictures from when I got it:
Brand new spare; never mounted.