Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1997 blue tj sport build, long arm crashed.

14K views 140 replies 26 participants last post by  MedicJK 
#1 ·
i got my jeep at the begging of last summer, a present from my two wonderful grandparents. the jeep is a 97 4.0 was stock then i rebuilt the tranny after blowing it up going through deep water for a auto. this is my first jeep and the only one i will ever need. towards the end of my senior school year, i left school to go buy parts, then head back to auto shop class to install them until a cop cut through the intersection. then i slamed into the rear end of a ford bronco.

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
built one almost brand new axle, i still need to fill it with lube, and a new seal. i want to paint the cover but idk any colors that would pop. also cinder blocks are not good for supporting jeeps, they crack and cause the jeep to fall on your friend. good thing he had his winch !!!

Attachments

#33 ·
to match my paint, and he had other parts i needed for the build. but now looking back and putting my parts into it im going to have to customize parts to fit. fml. it was one of those purchases you regret as you continue during the build. lesson learned.

#36 ·
as you can see the shifter doesn't exactly fit perfectly, but its ok. i have a aluminum plate trimmed to make it water tight "mud tight". i also ran into a wasp nest in the jeep, good thing for bug killer. i squashed them when they dropped. i felt bad, but i put them out of their pain.

Attachments

#37 ·
i pulled out my break pedal to install it into the other tub, but i looks rusty. considering that i actually have my jeep pulled apart i might as well do it right!!! so rust off and paint on!!!!

Attachments

#40 ·
i know the pics may not show up in order, it because as the paint dries i am working on other parts of the jeep as well. i also started to take out the air bag system, to convert it into another glove box or cb.

Attachments

#43 ·
ok, so the pic of the rear end is showing you the old tail lights that i had to install because the years of the pigtails on the light and wire harness are different and i don't feel like cutting up perfectly fine light so i can just say they're new. also the lights in the seat are original ones out of the orange tub. and all the wiring show was this guys previous sound system and idk what else stuff. oh well better for me i guess. and the cj on the trailer was free.

Attachments

#44 ·
ok so i got the framing for free for my temp garage, all i had to do was assemble and buy a tarp at northern for 32 bucks :) but the front track bar on the jeep did not want to unbolt, i have tried every thing from heating it up, wd40, oil, and nothing so i cut the head off and a center punch and a grinding wheel. finally it was free. after that it was off to tow it to the welding shop finally what i have had my ultimate road block in the project for like two months. 50 bucks latter it was done.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.