1995 Wrangler Rio Grande Refresh - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1995 Wrangler Rio Grande Refresh

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 02-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #1
IRQ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 Wrangler Rio Grande Refresh (Beach Cruiser)

Hello JeepForum,

I seem to be lurking around here alot (great resources here) so I figured why not just register

I searched for along time to find a YJ where I would not need put tons of work into, but rather a light restore (It had to be original & not modified)

Then finally lucked out and found it.

In December of 2014 I picked up this 1995 Wrangler Rio Grande that had been stored in a garage for many years.

This build is more of a refresh & improve upon to the original, and will be primarily used during the warmer months to cruise around with and take around the beaches on Long Island.

Last edited by IRQ; 03-01-2015 at 07:22 AM..
IRQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
IRQ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There are very few rust issues but the driver floorpan has surface rust, and the frame needs a good grind down and Por 15 job.. as the original undercoating has flaked off alot of it.

Last edited by IRQ; 02-28-2015 at 05:19 PM..
Unread 02-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
IRQ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Before I got to involved I had to buy something for the original stereo

Last edited by IRQ; 03-01-2015 at 05:06 AM..
Unread 02-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #4
IRQ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So the plans are restore the underbody when its warmer, Fix the floorpan surface rust, completely change all the fluids on it with Amsoil and do a complete tuneup and try to return it to as close as off the lot as possible

The list thus far:

• More aggressive tires anywhere from 215/75R15 - 235/75R15, I haven't settled on which yet, probably BFG
  • Tuffy glovebox
  • Jenson Heavy Duty stereo, I chose this because its as close to factory looking as possible (I do not care of the new ones full of blinking lights and sleek surfaces)
  • Polk marine speakers for the soundbar/dash and a Pioneer TS-WH500A Active Subwoofer System to fit right under the seat (perfect for these Jeeps and just came out)
  • Husky floor mats (these I already purchased)
  • and more TBD

I did consider the OME 2.5 lift for a while, however I think that will just lead to too many other changes or problems that will have to be addressed, and I figure the stock setup isn't really going to hinder my usage.. as it wont be doing any rock crawling and a stock YJ is pretty capable already

So far I have completed the tuneup, and changed most of the fluids out, removed the rust on the floorpan and drove it out to the bodyshop to get a fresh coat of paint on it.

Now things are in limbo

Last edited by IRQ; 03-01-2015 at 07:33 AM..
Unread 02-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
jcaplins
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! Looks almost new.
I've got a soft spot for the YJ Sahara and 2nd would be the Rio Grande.
Mind if I ask what that cost you?
jcaplins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #6
IRQ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I completely agree the Sahara's had a jaw dropping interior

Last edited by IRQ; 03-03-2015 at 09:24 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.