1995 Wrangler High school build up! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1995 Wrangler High school build up!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 Wrangler High school build up!

So i bought a 1995 wrangler! It had153k with the straight 6 and a 5spd with hard doors and a hard top. The guy i bought it from drove it here(eastern pa) from cali last year so there is like no rust on the whole thing! Ive yet to find any on the body. He was a airplane mechanic so he knew quite a bit. He did a lot of maintenance work on it because he planned to have if for awhile BUT his girlfriend couldnt drive stick so he bought a auto 2000 wrangler and was forced to sell this diamond. He replaced alot of the sensors known they were going to go bad with the milage. He had a 1" shackle lift and 1.5" leaf lift on it so it sat pretty for a little lift.

image-3101190707.jpg

When i bought it! First thing i did before i even bought it was buy a smittybilt xrc stinger from the quadratec tent sale(live 15 mins away luckly) for 140. It was a steal. Another thing i really wanted to do for a long time was flush led tail lights. So i ordered a set for 40 bucks from a guy off ebay. Came with 2 tail lights, 2 grommets, 2 marker lights, and a license plate light. It was nice to just buy a pre set up set. They were all napa parts.

image-860393920.jpg

There they are with my reverse lights that i ordered from harbor freight for 12 bucks and just wired them into the pig tail. Also theres my bumper i got for my birthday. So the first hour i had it i had to throw the bumper on it!

image-1587495903.jpg

Then the next night i took on the daunting task of cutting my body to put in the led tail lights. Had my dad do it because hes really good with a jig saw because hes a contractor. I got a deal on 5 procomp 15x10 steelies for 250 from quadratec and there was 20% off and like 230 in rebates on 33x12.5x15 at pepboys so i jumped on them. It was about 1k for 5 tires and rims.

image-1524299492.jpg

Super wide! I love them!

Guns003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They were mounted up and didnt rub at all with the little 2.5" lift and have a huge stance!

image-723526661.jpg

I got a rear bumper for my birthday from my parents! It was from truck and winch for 300. It has a tire carrier too. Its basically the same thing as the smittybilt one.

image-2660902391.jpg

Ill have pics of it on it soon. I also ordered some cheap switches off ebay and finally got around to installing them. They were 5 for like 5 i think.

image-3228323536.jpg

image-1837124564.jpg

image-2344736582.jpg

image-774425474.jpg

Oh yea for got i did the green led dash light mod. It was a really cheap easy mod that i think looks really cool! It was only like 20 bucks for all the bulbs. That is about where im at now. I plan to do a RE 4.5 XD lift over thanksgiving break, line the tub with rhino liner of some sort, sye conversion, and a bunch more ill get too.
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You got a great deal!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
boujo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

do the switches do anything?
boujo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boujo View Post
do the switches do anything?
I am done school around 1 everyday and really wanted to do some cool switches and had everything already. I was really bored and did it. Hopefully they will all be used for some lights and misc things. I set them up so when the time comes i just need to plug in the new lights. I think it will save me time in the future?
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
You got a great deal!
Thanks! I love it so far.
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok updates.... LOTS. So i got a RE 4.5 XD lift and installed it by myself, it took about 2 days to get it driving again. Pulled out and test drove it anddddd it had TERRIBLE driveshaft vibes so i parked it and ordered a Tom Woods CV shaft and a SYE kit for advanced adapter and did a Tcase swap with a rebuilt one that i already had. Put that in with a buddy and was good to go!
How she sits now, doors off in december! lol
[/IMG]
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #8
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok updates.... LOTS. So i got a RE 4.5 XD lift and installed it by myself, it took about 2 days to get it driving again. Pulled out and test drove it anddddd it had TERRIBLE driveshaft vibes so i parked it and ordered a Tom Woods CV shaft and a SYE kit for advanced adapter and did a Tcase swap with a rebuilt one that i already had. Put that in with a buddy and was good to go!
How she sits now, doors off in december! lol
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

After the snow, I put on a cherokee roof rack, drilled it into my hard top and used rubber washers on both sides and big washers on the inside with silicone to seal everything up and it works great, no leaks or wind noise at all! So then I bought a Thule Snowboard/ski rack from where I work(Wicks Ski Shop) to transport my stuff up to the mountain and save valuable space inside!
I think it looks pretty good!
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

For christmas i asked my parents to split seats for the inside to get out those ****ty mismatch cavalier seats, I must say they were a comfy seat and bolted right up. I got Rugged Ridge Spice Sport Seat, it has a vinyl covering that is water proof and is super easy to clean. I really like them and now have a back seat! and better yet they all match perfectly! The whole thing looks so complete!
Only picture i have right now but I really like them and how they fit, they fit my really well because they are a skinny seat and im a skinny highschooler lol.
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #11
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Some fun flexing pics! Im now waiting on my TAG flat fender flares for tj's to come, when i get those on i should have way more space in the rear and some more in the front but this seams about maxed out. want more!
buddy slipped into this ahaha
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
jeepstillhaslif
1995 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE="Guns003;17645905"]They were mounted up and didnt rub at all with the little 2.5" lift and have a huge stance!

I got a rear bumper for my birthday from my parents! It was from truck and winch for 300. It has a tire carrier too. Its basically the same thing as the smittybilt one.

Ill have pics of it on it soon. I also ordered some cheap switches off ebay and finally got around to installing them. They were 5 for like 5 i think.

Oh yea for got i did the green led dash light mod. It was a really cheap easy mod that i think looks really cool! It was only like 20 bucks for all the bulbs. That is about where im at now. I plan to do a RE 4.5 XD lift over thanksgiving break, line the tub with rhino liner of some sort, sye conversion, and a bunch more ill get"

What led lights did you purchase for those green lights
jeepstillhaslif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What led lights did you purchase for those green lights[/QUOTE]

I got them from "superbrightleds.com" I forget what bulbs and how many, there are many threads on how many you need and what bulb size
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:09 PM   #14
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice YJ, a couple of recommendations, move the lights from under your rear bumper or they be broken off before to long. Also look into a U-Bolt flip kit, I have one on my YJ and I no loner hear that screeching sound of scraping the threaded studs ever time I go over rocks.

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #15
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
Nice YJ, a couple of recommendations, move the lights from under your rear bumper or they be broken off before to long. Also look into a U-Bolt flip kit, I have one on my YJ and I no loner hear that screeching sound of scraping the threaded studs ever time I go over rocks.
The U bolt flip is a good idea and i know the reverse lights are not in a great location but they were only 12 bucks from harbor freight so im not too worried and the bumper is slanted where they are mounted so they are kinda sorta protected hahaha But thanks alot for the recommendations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.