1995 Sahara YJ pseudo build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1995 Sahara YJ pseudo build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
jeepnrover
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 Sahara YJ pseudo build

Keeping it relatively stock as it is my DD/only vehicle. Consequentially I don't plan on doing any mods or wheeling that would break things and/or keep it off the road. After college, once I have a second vehicle, I will have an 8.8 and lockers installed, and a regear done.
Starting with this:
60k on the odo
3.07's
4.0 Auto
A/C
stock

So far all we've done is add a warrior class III hitch and the wiring for my Segway lift. Need to figure a way to do a swing away rear receiver, as right now I can't use my rear tailgate. Gotta have my segway though as I have cerebral palsy and can't go very far without it.

Dad's helping me with installs and heavy lifting as time allows.

I've got an ARB bull bar and OME lift in the garage waiting on some hardware then those will be installed. Also swapping over my Warn tank skid, and BFG AT's from my old islander, and raptoring the interior. Aside from that I'm going to leave it alone with the exception of a few minor bolt ons. Next summer, and/or whenever I have some down time and don't need to drive for a few days I'll do an SYE. Eventually I'd love to do it up Jurassic Park style.

jeepnrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
jeepnrover
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So far just done a few odds and end, new lenses on all the lamps. Finally installed the ARB. Next up will probably be some rust proofing on the frame and putting my Warn tank skid on.
Unread 06-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
jeepnrover
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The build's gaining momentum, I apologize for the shoddy pics in advance. Currently installing my OME suspension system and M.O.R.E. 3/8" booms. The front's supporting itself, the rear's still on jack stands.

Along the way we've been coating the frame in chassis saver...man this stuff is gnarly. Unfortunately some got on my shackles, springs, and brake lines, hopefully it will wear off as time goes on.

We ran into some snags with the hard lines, not to mention they are in rough shape, so next up is all new stainless hard brake lines.
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That is one nice YJ.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
jeepnrover
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Finally got the lift installed. Easily my favorite modification so far to the Jeep. I've yet to offroad it, but its on road manners are greatly improved! No more diving front end under braking, and eerily smooth steering. mmmm Emu.
Obligatory picture with the Jeep.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.