1994 Jeep YJ Willys/Warthog (Halo) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1994 Jeep YJ Willys/Warthog (Halo)

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 07-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
dorkjr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1994 Jeep YJ Willys/Warthog (Halo)

Hi all. I am new to the wonderful world of Jeep but I have always wanted to do one thing, make a Willys style Jeep with Halo (the video game) accents. So for example, instead of using the Willys numbers or logos, use Halo numbers and logos.

Currently my Jeep is pretty plain. Its black, with the grey interior, 2 1/2 inch suspension lift, stock rims, stock bumpers.
A few things that I know for sure that I want to do is:
Make the interior tan & black. I have a tan center console that I am going to put in it and was going to get black seat covers. Not sure what to do with the dash as it is grey.
Paint the exterior. I love the Moss Pearlcoat Green (I believe the code is PJJ or PJN) and want to paint it that.
I want to get some ammo boxes and integrate them somehow.
Also want to make the front bumper look the Warthog with the 2 front tow hooks.
Also want to make the liftgate drop down instead of swing open.

But other then that, I was wondering if anybody out there has done something similar. Like I said I am very new to this and am open to any suggestions. Or if you have links to actual products/pieces please send. If you have done something similar please send pics.

I will get started on this build as soon as I can. I have a couple of things that just need fixed before I can get started on the creation part. For example, my right rear shock mount broke a couple weeks ago while I was heading up to Silver Lake, so I need to get a bracket and mount and weld them on. I have a few gaskets that also need to replace. So after I get her in a better running condition then I will start the actual build.

Last edited by dorkjr; 07-24-2014 at 08:02 AM..
dorkjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
dorkjr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here are a few pics of it currently

And very currently, these were taken an hour ago
I have one "bad" (but compared to most Jeeps it isn't even that bad to be honest) rust spot, shown in the last picture.
front_edited.jpg   side.jpg   rightsidefromback.jpg   dashfromright.jpg   interiorfromleft.jpg  

rustspot.jpg  
Unread 07-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
yj_hank
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep you have there Kyle. You need to get it to Silver Lake and play on the dunes a little bit.

Henry
Unread 07-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

That's a nice starting point there. I can't wait to see the outcome since I love halo myself
Unread 08-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #5
dorkjr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Slowly but surely. Over the last few days I was able to get the carpet all removed (except for over the wheel wells haha) (I plan on putting Raptor Liner in it, but I had yet to really see what the tub looked like as in any rust, thankfully there is only one small rust spot under the drivers feet which I expected, but its not too bad and seems fixable), I removed the factory center console & dry fit my new console in. The new console fits soo tight, I haven't even bolted it down and you would have to be pretty determined to get that thing outta there. I wanna drive around with it for a little bit to see if I really like it, It was given to me for free. I do need to get a new seat belt buckle assy with the plastic piece as the previous owners let it bend back so far when they would put the seat forward and back down that it doesn't even stay in one place anymore. Next step is, I am going to test paint the old factory console to see how I do then move on to the door panels and dash.
Unread 08-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #6
dorkjr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Progress last night. I went into the garage last night for a few hours and got the interior painted up. First I tested it on my factory console seems as I have a new center console in there. I painted a whole side and liked the look so then I did half the other side to really see the difference and loved it. So I proceeded to take off the pieces of the dash that I could and cleaned the up, taped everything off, painted the pieces first, then the dash, and steering column. Then put her all back together again. Took about 3 hours overall but love it. I would have done the doors as well but ran out of paint. Have to head to the store soon to get more. And I did end up using the Krylon Fusion Satin Black. Take a look below at a few pics. I didn't think to get any pics of it before I painted it, but I do have the couple pics up at the top that show it before.
tapedpainted1.jpg   tapedpainted2.jpg   tapedpaintedpieces.jpg   paintedoutside1.jpg   paintedoutside2.jpg  

paintedoutside3.jpg   paintedoutside5.jpg   paintedoutside4.jpg  
Unread 08-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
HaskiE
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkjr View Post
Progress last night. I went into the garage last night for a few hours and got the interior painted up. First I tested it on my factory console seems as I have a new center console in there. I painted a whole side and liked the look so then I did half the other side to really see the difference and loved it. So I proceeded to take off the pieces of the dash that I could and cleaned the up, taped everything off, painted the pieces first, then the dash, and steering column. Then put her all back together again. Took about 3 hours overall but love it. I would have done the doors as well but ran out of paint. Have to head to the store soon to get more. And I did end up using the Krylon Fusion Satin Black. Take a look below at a few pics. I didn't think to get any pics of it before I painted it, but I do have the couple pics up at the top that show it before.
looks great!
#theneverendingaxe
HaskiE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #8
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

HALO! THAT'S MY FAMILY'S BONDING TIME GAME! Lol my dad snipes and gets a good k/d and I run out to the middle of everything and have both a ton of kills and deaths haha

3" Zone lift, THULE roof rack, Hella 500 Black Magics
JeepaholicNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 09:00 AM   #9
dorkjr
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, been almost a year since I have posted anything. Lets see, what have I done to Black Betty. Haven't done as much as I hoped/wanted to do up to this point as my wife and I are buying our first house and saving the money for that. But I have bought some cool rims, just need to get them cleaned and powder coated black, I bought a set of full doors and sanded and painted them myself, bought a hardtop for the winter, bought a brand new Bestop soft top 2 months ago. My windshield cracked last month and just got that replaced yesterday. Last year my right rear shock mount rusted off so I cut off the tab that was remaining on the frame and bought a cap to go over the rusted out spot and bought a new shock mount, just have to finished getting it put on for our trip to Silver Lake next week. Excited as we have vacationed there the last couple years but while taking my Jeep up there last year is when my shock mount broke so I decided to not go on the dunes...but this year I will be. That is, if the place I am taking the Jeep to to get the shock mount and cap welded on is able to do it seems as they are closed this week and we are leaving on Wednesday the 8th. I will post a few pics of her when I can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.