1994 jeep yj "majestic nutz" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1994 jeep yj "majestic nutz"

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 02-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #31
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by responder View Post
Looks like square tubing for the front bumper? What size?
It's a smittybilt bumper I just added the tube and im gonna shorten it and add a grill hoop

Unread 03-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #32
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing to crazy going on yet. I welded the perches in the correct spot for a yj on my 8.25. Gonna put that in soon. I was gonna do it yesterday but we got like 4 inches of snow and i need the jeep. Got some tinted soft top windows for my 18th birthday last week. I need to take the track bars and sway bars off but im enjoying pretending im a formula 1 driver everytime i drive. Good news though i got my license back friday after it being suspended. Was supposed to be 180 days but the judge gave me 30. Plans for next couple weeks are put the 8.25 in, take the 3.55 gears out of my xj and put in the yj so the gears match. Eventually ill buy some 4.56 gears but for now i want to be able to use 4x4. Im hoping i can take the xj dana 30 carrier, ring, and pinion, and put them in the yj. Might do the solid axle swap while im at it. **** the vacuum acuated bs. Lol but im gonna get a hack n tap sye soon and shorten a cherokee front driveshaft for the rear. I cant afford a true sye right now. Gonna get new trans mount and raise the tcase back up. Hopefully after that my transmission wont feel like its just laying on the skidplate with no mount. After i get the axles done and some sort of sye or hack n tap, im gonna paint it, and i think i may dynamat the interior and bedline over it. Trying to think if that would work. Any ideas?
Unread 04-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #33
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Been a while since ive updated, 8.25 is in, have a hardtop, cj doors, painted the jeep white, about to bedline the interior and grill and windshield frame. Will post pics.

Unread 04-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #34
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1st coat of white paint. Used rustoleum gloss white with some enamel hardnener. Good old roll on paint job

Unread 04-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #35
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

3rd coat on the hood
Unread 04-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #36
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bad picture but 3rd coat on the jeep. Ive been in kentucky the last couple days so im finishing the paint job when i get back to maryland.
Unread 04-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #37
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 05-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #38
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Is this what you traded your xj for?
Unread 05-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #39
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
Is this what you traded your xj for?
Yessir
Unread 05-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #40
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Right on, how do you like it compared to the XJ? Pros & Cons
Unread 07-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #41
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN
Right on, how do you like it compared to the XJ? Pros & Cons
as far as driving goes it drives a lot better but it's a different feel. It's hard to compare and contrast just because of how different they are. Off-road the xj was more comfortable. I could roll the windows up and not get smacked in the face by branches and have ac and drive through huge brush piles and not worry about ripping a top or anything like that. I like the Yj open air feel a lot and wranglers just pull *****es. Hands down a better panty dropper. The xj was way smoother and flexed way better but I still have a lot to do to the Yj. The Yj has more power though. Don't know if because of the ax15 vs aw4 but even geared lower the Yj had more power. I like having a true frame under me too. Overall loved the xj and love the yj. Both great vehicles and both have their pros and cons.
Unread 07-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #42
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

As an update I'm putting a 4.10 geared Dana 30 in and 4.10 geared 8.8 right now. I've been working so much lately I don't have much time to do anything. I can't even remember if I posted about my motor and I don't feel like going back to look since I'm already typing but I blew my 4.0 up and swapped another 4.0 in so it's running good again. I bedlined the whole jeep. I joined southern Maryland jeepers. Have a cool sticker on my windshield now. I work for a guy who parts out jeep wranglers which makes life easy for getting parts. Not much more to update. I decided to keep it super simple and stay sua with Dana 30 and 8.8 and 35s maybe 37s in the future. Saving up for a early 2000s cummins for a daily driver/work truck and then the Yj will become a trailer queen and I'll see where it goes from there. For now I just enjoy wheeling it and being able to drive it everyday.
Unread 07-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #43
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Oh and the jeep has a rubicon express hack and tap now and it's smooth as silk. I'm about to get a nice welder and I'm also looking for a welding apprenticeship. Hopefully I'll get some more welding and metal fab skills and be able to build some cool **** for the jeep

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.