1994 jeep yj "majestic nutz" - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1994 jeep yj "majestic nutz"

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Reply
Unread 01-26-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
1994 jeep yj "majestic nutz"

Gonna start a build on my new to me yj. It's a 4.0 ax15. Right now just a 4 inch rough country lift with 1 inch body lift on 35s. Stock axles for now. More to come.

__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
So the plans are swap an 8.8 in the rear with disk brakes, 4.10 gears, and an lsd, for the front I want to get a Dana 30 from a 2.5 yj with 4.10 gears, gonna make a truss for the front, c gussets, I'll get some shafts I'm not sure what kind yet, probably keep the vacuum disconnect, might switch to a cable, gonna stay spring under, take the body lift off, I'll probably weld the front diff since I'm keeping the 2 piece axle. Gonna tie the factory cage into the frame and add a couple supports and gussets to it. Gonna make some rock sliders and tube fenders. Should be a pretty simple but fun build. I have some brand new 35" mtrs that I had on another jeep that I'm going to put on soon. When those wear out I'll get some 40s and go full widths. I'm gonna look for for a 14 bolt and Dana 60 to start building up once I'm done the stage 1 build lol.
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
So the plans are swap an 8.8 in the rear with disk brakes, 4.10 gears, and an lsd, for the front I want to get a Dana 30 from a 2.5 yj with 4.10 gears, gonna make a truss for the front, c gussets, I'll get some shafts I'm not sure what kind yet, probably keep the vacuum disconnect, might switch to a cable, gonna stay spring under, take the body lift off, I'll probably weld the front diff since I'm keeping the 2 piece axle. Gonna tie the factory cage into the frame and add a couple supports and gussets to it. Gonna make some rock sliders and tube fenders. Should be a pretty simple but fun build. I have some brand new 35" mtrs that I had on another jeep that I'm going to put on soon. When those wear out I'll get some 40s and go full widths. I'm gonna look for for a 14 bolt and Dana 60 to start building up once I'm done the stage 1 build lol.
Pics
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #8
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
The pics are on my new rims. 17x8 pro comp rock crawler series. 2.5 inch backspace lol. Just as wide as a damn full width. 35x12.50 mtrs. No trimming at all and stock fender flares. I want to take the flares off but the law will get me. I'm gonna get tj rear flares and trim the rear and tube fenders for the front with a 4" tube flare. I might try making some tube fenders. I'm going to beef up the factory cage and make a front cage and tie it all in to the frame. Probably tie it in to the cage in 6 spots. I plan on doing that and fenders soon. I'm currently looking for a cheap 8.8 but I'm sure I won't have enough moneys after valentines day. Girlfriends... but expect to see the cage work soon as well as some bed lining and paint work. I also have a smittybilt classic style bumper that I'm going to shorten and put on the Jeep and make a grill hoop, stinger, and I plan to tie the stinger into the grill hoop and tie the front tube fenders into the grill hoop. Looking for a cheap piece of 2x4x1/4" box for a rear bumper too. I have a lot of plans just need money and time. Time shouldn't be an issue after Tuesday. License Is getting suspended for 180 days. Bummer
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
The pics are on my new rims. 17x8 pro comp rock crawler series. 2.5 inch backspace lol. Just as wide as a damn full width. 35x12.50 mtrs. No trimming at all and stock fender flares. I want to take the flares off but the law will get me. I'm gonna get tj rear flares and trim the rear and tube fenders for the front with a 4" tube flare. I might try making some tube fenders. I'm going to beef up the factory cage and make a front cage and tie it all in to the frame. Probably tie it in to the cage in 6 spots. I plan on doing that and fenders soon. I'm currently looking for a cheap 8.8 but I'm sure I won't have enough moneys after valentines day. Girlfriends... but expect to see the cage work soon as well as some bed lining and paint work. I also have a smittybilt classic style bumper that I'm going to shorten and put on the Jeep and make a grill hoop, stinger, and I plan to tie the stinger into the grill hoop and tie the front tube fenders into the grill hoop. Looking for a cheap piece of 2x4x1/4" box for a rear bumper too. I have a lot of plans just need money and time. Time shouldn't be an issue after Tuesday. License Is getting suspended for 180 days. Bummer
Build plan sounds solid ill be following this one.
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #10
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post

Build plan sounds solid ill be following this one.
Yea I can't wait to start cutting **** up. The guy before me welded the motor mount to the block on one side so I'm gonna get some brown dog motor mounts soon. Needs a transmission mount too. **** feels sketchy when your banging gears. You can feel the motor and trans moving all over the place. His welds are crap on the motor mount to so I wana get that done before it breaks. So ill order mounts soon when I can afford it. I'm trying to decide on using the 8.25 I have for free and building that up or getting an 8.8. My brakes and everything would work on the 8.25 and driveshaft would bolt right up. With some good shafts and welded tubes and a truss I think the 8.25 would hold up. My front end is so solid I may just go to the jy and get some 4.10 gears from a Dana 30 and put them in and grab the shafts I have on my parts xj with the bigger ujoints. Decisions decisions
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

Yea I can't wait to start cutting **** up. The guy before me welded the motor mount to the block on one side so I'm gonna get some brown dog motor mounts soon. Needs a transmission mount too. **** feels sketchy when your banging gears. You can feel the motor and trans moving all over the place. His welds are crap on the motor mount to so I wana get that done before it breaks. So ill order mounts soon when I can afford it. I'm trying to decide on using the 8.25 I have for free and building that up or getting an 8.8. My brakes and everything would work on the 8.25 and driveshaft would bolt right up. With some good shafts and welded tubes and a truss I think the 8.25 would hold up. My front end is so solid I may just go to the jy and get some 4.10 gears from a Dana 30 and put them in and grab the shafts I have on my parts xj with the bigger ujoints. Decisions decisions
Sounds like you have a little fun ahead of you, my 8.25 already has 4.56s in it and I'm confident it could hold up fine on 35s but I couldn't pass this 8.8 up. this 8.8 makes me want to go 37s I'm in the same boat with you. Decisions decisions
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #12
brianandcara
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 69
Just did an 8.8 swap. They are easy to find and easy to swap. Rims bolt right up and you don't really notice the 1/2 narrower stance on either side. My 8.8 was out of an explorer.
__________________
My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/87-laredo-renix-4-0-ford-8-8-fresh-paint-2112993/
brianandcara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:01 AM   #13
responder
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Prudhomme, SK
Posts: 317
Personally, I think that a shorter front bumper would look good on the front, especially if you will be doing some fender work! Keep us posted!!
responder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #14
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by responder View Post
Personally, I think that a shorter front bumper would look good on the front, especially if you will be doing some fender work! Keep us posted!!
Yea I love shorty bumpers. More tire clearance too. I'm going to shorten the smittybilt bumper up and put it on. I might put it on tomorrow actually and measure how short to make it then cut the sides off shorten them and re weld them on. Maybe I'll bend up a stinger too. I'm thinking about making the top of the stinger a sharp point so I may miter the top instead of bending it. But it will still have a bend on each side towards the top. Hard to describe. Will post pics when I do it.
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #15
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard, maryland
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianandcara View Post
Just did an 8.8 swap. They are easy to find and easy to swap. Rims bolt right up and you don't really notice the 1/2 narrower stance on either side. My 8.8 was out of an explorer.
Did the Jeep parking brake cables work on the 8.8?
__________________
if nothings breaking your not wheeling it hard enough
ahar9 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.