1990 YJ custom build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1990 YJ custom build

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

1990 YJ custom build

ok so i finally go tthe hang of posting pictures.... i warn you though everything has already been mostly done but still open to suggestion for future mods. Also, i'm kinda new to the whole machanic world so if you ask something and i'm like then i appologize in advance

1990 YJ Build
daox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

oh and pictures will be posted by tomorrow night. sorry for the delay

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #3
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

this was a before pic with a cell phone. it started as a back yard project and soon turned out to be a little more then just that.

first thing we did was strip the old engine and trans out, along with the old axels and well you catch the drift.....

ok now i take my 258 4.6L golen stroker

and then meet it up with the NSG-370 6 speed Trans

after finding out that a specialty pilot bearing had to be ordered from the Golen company i had to sit there and wait for a week before getting the right part. but once i got that in i was back up and running again

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-04-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

another view of the engine and trans

the next step was to go and have a round of beers, then get up and drop the motor in

now that it was in i braced the trans with a porta jack and started on the axles, thats right i bought some sweet axles for really cheap. currie dana 44's detriot lockers, 5.38 gears, but stuck with 5 on 4.5", don't ask me why i just kinda didn't think about changing.

so after working on the angles and welding the perches and all that wonderful time consuming stuff, i finally mounted them. i also mounted my currie anti-rock sway bar for the front as well. also not to mention my 2" shackle lift as well.

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

i started to take apart the dash to put in the new phantom gauges i got

after rewiring the new gauges and trimming a little off the far right dash i was able to put them in

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #6
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

then it came time to put in the rear axle and mount my rear anti rock sway bar. i did this in hopes that it will help with the traction... if not then i can just take it out. sorry i don't have a picture of that yet, but i will get one. then after that i went ahead and started working on my front bumper. and got that ready to mount.

then i started to make my winch mount.... i wanted to make sure this was never coming off! lol so i reinforced it and after welding a few spots i put it one the front, and i must say it looks pretty bad ***

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

you can see one of my friends was trying to figure out where to mount the new turn signals, so we decided to go with the TJ design

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn, looks good so far man.
Unread 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
SCBeachbum
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's one sweet ride man!!!!!!
Where did you get that full of guages including speedometer? They are freaking awesome !!!!!!!

1987 YJ 4.2 0n 33's SOLD

1997 TJ 2.5 On 33's

1998 TJ 4.0 On 35's[/FONT][/B]
SCBeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I was looking at the gauge instal similer to that on jegs last night, nice

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #11
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanx guys! the gauges i got from quadratec, infact i got everything from qudratec except the axles. they seemed to have the best prices and since i was kinda new to the whole rebuild thing, they walked me through just about everything lol. i will have a few more pics coming up this week.

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

more more more!

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #13
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

i will get a few more pics this week. sorry but i have to make it somewhat suspenseful

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #14
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

got the rear axle complete with my new tires i got in as well. also put a rear anti-rock sway bar.

added some rear backup lights i can remote turn on in case i need to tow something or all in all just need to see behind me late at night.

and the coolest part (i think) of the whole jeep is the diamond plate lockable truck i custom made.

1990 YJ Build
Unread 12-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #15
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

sketchy steering that rocky mountain outfitters sold to me for my SOA conversion. don't ever buy from them. they took three months to send me it and when i got it, it looks like something i could have done in my work shop.

built my own roof rack.

installed my isolator and DUI distributor.

also got my dual batteries and trey installed

1990 YJ Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.