1990 yj - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1990 yj

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #16
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had Old Man Emu springs and shocks and loved them; the ride and flex where great. But, after about 5 or so years of hard use they were sagged out and needed replacing. This time I tried BDS and I like those just as much. The ride and flex seems about the same but they are an inch taller.

This picture is right after installing the OME springs. 2 1/2 springs, 5/8 shackles, 1" body lift and TJ flares. It cleared 33" tires OK, but really not enough room; that would be a better set up for 31s unless you don't wheel it much. I ended up bending the front fenders up a little. Eventually I put on tube fenders and 35s.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #17
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you skip the sye, consider mildly dropping the tc, and change the ujoints. even my 1" booms added a vibe at 35 and 60mph
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #18
Killswitch505
1990 YJ Wrangler 

jbolty thanks for the info

The_Goob thank you for the reply the kit comes with a 1'' TC drop i'm hoping that will do the trick
Killswitch505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #19
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

a sye and cv style ds is very much advised. I have the OME 2.5 with one inch lift shackles and one inch body. And I'm ok on 33's

DISCLAIMER: YOUR ACTIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING MONITORED.
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #20
Killswitch505
1990 YJ Wrangler 

AmmitOsiris iwould have to say you cleared your 33'' nicely and thats good news for me i will order the SYE and CV this week sometime thank you for the input.

parts ordered as of today

2.5 rubicon express lift
.5'' shackles
1'' daystar body lift

parts in the near future (any info these items would be helpful)

SYE
CV
wheels and tires
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #21
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch505
AmmitOsiris iwould have to say you cleared your 33'' nicely and thats good news for me i will order the SYE and CV this week sometime thank you for the input. parts ordered as of today 2.5 rubicon express lift .5'' shackles 1'' daystar body lift parts in the near future (any info these items would be helpful) SYE CV wheels and tires
Well the problem I'm having is that they are hitting and rubbing and bending the fenders on flex tests.. So that's why I'm cutting it up a bit.

Unread 01-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #22
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch505
AmmitOsiris iwould have to say you cleared your 33'' nicely and thats good news for me i will order the SYE and CV this week sometime thank you for the input. parts ordered as of today 2.5 rubicon express lift .5'' shackles 1'' daystar body lift parts in the near future (any info these items would be helpful) SYE CV wheels and tires
And thank you

Unread 02-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #23
Killswitch505
1990 YJ Wrangler 

well got the lift(s) on this week I'm not sure why but i have a bucket full of extra parts lol J/K it all went smoothly only thing that went wrong out of the box was that the kit had 5 small roll pins bushings and 3 large ones a trip to the trailer parts store fixed that. the lift kit came with brake line extensions but i had to order a brake line kit i could only brake one of the fittings loose and stripped the other 3. I decided to do the 1'' transfer case drop that came with the kit i really dislike the looks of that as well. i will do the SYE and CV swap as soon as time and money permits (probably in the next couple of weeks). I'm having some grinding going on in the tranny (I'm hoping its just the throw out bearing). I'll do the SYE when i dig into that.

the warrior products greasable shackles had a zerk fitting missing on one of the bolts, i had some in the shop no trip required for that fix .

the daystar body lift went on with no problems at all. really wish i would have reconsidered the body lift i also don't really like the looks of it. I think when i build some bumpers and rock sliders they may hide the bushings and not look as bad.

some before and after

before it looked like Bucky the beaver

after

oh yeah and the suspension is great it no longer bottoms out when i hit a pebble. it also came with disconnects for the track bar so it handles really well little to no body roll
Unread 02-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #24
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good man!

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #25
Killswitch505
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanks man i can see where this is gonna be a money pit. But my buddy owns a salvage yard said he has a couple 8.8 rear ends he may even have a tranny and transfer case all for free
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #26
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thats a clean 90. Much cleaner than mine was.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #27
Killswitch505
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thank you man i was on the hunt for a while
Unread 02-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #28
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

It does look nice, I would lose the trackbars alltogether :P will ride even better
Unread 02-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #29
Killswitch505
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob View Post
It does look nice, I would lose the trackbars alltogether :P will ride even better
thank you that's what I've been reading i will disconnect them before i take it out again
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #30
Killswitch505
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I told a company man I do some electrical work for that I picked up a jeep. I got a call from him today asking me to swing by our local battery shop and pick up an order for him so I swung by the shop picked up a couple yellow tops they had laid out. I called him to let him know I pick up his batteries he said they were for my jeep and thanks for the work I do for him

really wish it was SYE but I ain't b!tching the fact that there were 2 and yellow top tells me he had to do a little research

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.