1990 XJ 4.0 Renix build CODENAME: MUDD - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1990 XJ 4.0 Renix build CODENAME: MUDD

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #46
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Did a 370 mile road trip this weekend in MUDD. St cloud to Owatanna, Dodge center, Kasson, Rock Dell and back. Took 15 to 14 in New Ulm and 14 out to Owatonna. Ran like a champ tthe whole time.

Did about 30-40 miles of mud boggin and trail riding. Didnt get any action shots, a couple of videos from too far away that dont do the hole justice. .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0U0...e_gdata_player The video is day one after a few laps. Turned it into a consistent 3 foot deep sloppy mud road on Saturday.

Day one: Me and my cousins husband who let the entire Carlson Clan camp out and set up shop on his farm. Thats his daily driver, didnt get to see his Bogger in action due to a snapped short shaft.

Day 2: dug the through out a little deeper, Got the prissy pretty wife out in the truck for a "gentle ride around the hole"

Sunday night a little to intoxicated for on road travel, but just right to put my lights to the test on lighting a feild for me and some quads to get muddy!

Driving home today, The dash is telling me about how much fun it had

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1990-xj-4-0-renix-build-codename-mudd-1492362/"]Project MUDD[/URL]
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
MuddSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #47
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your Jeep looks really good. Those lights from Hanma are great. I got a buddy hooked on them as well. I wish that I had known about the firewall pass through thing before I ran my 4 guage back to the back.

I would like to think that since you said you work for DPMS I have contributed to your build with the AR-10 I bought.
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #48
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfox48 View Post
Your Jeep looks really good. Those lights from Hanma are great. I got a buddy hooked on them as well. I wish that I had known about the firewall pass through thing before I ran my 4 guage back to the back.

I would like to think that since you said you work for DPMS I have contributed to your build with the AR-10 I bought.
Yeah man arm yourself. I own 2 Oracles, a custom build of the SASS .308 they have retailing at $2g for 900 and a lite 16. I pay 10% over cost for my toys and Now that you cant get guns anywhere I am very lucky.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1990-xj-4-0-renix-build-codename-mudd-1492362/"]Project MUDD[/URL]
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #49
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Some dickless little crap bag stole my tools, compressor, tents, sleeping bags, chairs, cooler and dewalt impact out of my jeep. Popped the drivers door open with a slim jim and cleaned it out last tuesday night. right after I got back from the Memorial day trip. The toolbox had everything you would need to do almost anything on the side of the road from lights to motor. Meaning I just lost the majority of my tools, both ratchets, my cutters, strippers, full socket sets short and deep, full wrench sets, my good hammer, dead blow, bluepoint DMM, and Im sure a bunch of things I havent thought of yet. My Build has just been severely derailed.

On the lighter side I picked up my transfer cases that weekend. 2 NP231J (useless until I get new ratchets and a jack) and a stock breather box for making my cowl snorkel. Good thing they didnt get my crappy drill
Was planning on a new grille header panel from OMIX, ebay will deliver a complete with bezels and lenses to my door for less than 100, no more floppy grill and blinkers. Thats pushed back at least a month.
Tires are looking at August. Properly mounting my front bumper at least a few weeks.

I lost so much of my toolbox in this I have even considered selling MUDD to rebuild. Very sad situation. Ive only lived here for just over a year so there are no friends to borrow from or peoples garages to wrench. Im nothing with out my tools and the Jeep will suffer as a result. I dont want that.

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #50
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bwahaha love the 'MURICA
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #51
gfox48
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That is one of the things I can't stand....Someone that more then likely doesn't work and steals from those that do. Just can't have anything nice anymore.
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #52
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddSnapper View Post
Some dickless little crap bag stole my tools, compressor, tents, sleeping bags, chairs, cooler and dewalt impact out of my jeep. Popped the drivers door open with a slim jim and cleaned it out last tuesday night. right after I got back from the Memorial day trip. The toolbox had everything you would need to do almost anything on the side of the road from lights to motor. Meaning I just lost the majority of my tools, both ratchets, my cutters, strippers, full socket sets short and deep, full wrench sets, my good hammer, dead blow, bluepoint DMM, and Im sure a bunch of things I havent thought of yet. My Build has just been severely derailed.

On the lighter side I picked up my transfer cases that weekend. 2 NP231J (useless until I get new ratchets and a jack) and a stock breather box for making my cowl snorkel. Good thing they didnt get my crappy drill
Was planning on a new grille header panel from OMIX, ebay will deliver a complete with bezels and lenses to my door for less than 100, no more floppy grill and blinkers. Thats pushed back at least a month.
Tires are looking at August. Properly mounting my front bumper at least a few weeks.

I lost so much of my toolbox in this I have even considered selling MUDD to rebuild. Very sad situation. Ive only lived here for just over a year so there are no friends to borrow from or peoples garages to wrench. Im nothing with out my tools and the Jeep will suffer as a result. I dont want that.
Somehow missed this, damn that sucks man. That's why all the tools I keep in my XJ are HF or Wally World specials and keep my good tools at home locked up inside.

Seriously walmart has some decent stanley sets for like 40-80 bucks depending on which you get, and HF always has cheap wrench sets.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #53
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Somehow missed this, damn that sucks man. That's why all the tools I keep in my XJ are HF or Wally World specials and keep my good tools at home locked up inside.

Seriously walmart has some decent stanley sets for like 40-80 bucks depending on which you get, and HF always has cheap wrench sets.
Yeah I dont usually keep tools in the Jeep, Whatever is in the back get tossed around pretty good when I hit mud holes. I just had a box set up for that roadtrip in case disaster struck 200 miles from home. Someone got me the night I got home, being tired from my 3h our drive and ready for a nice glass of whiskey before I had to be at work at 7am the next day. Its my fault for leaving my stuff out but its karma on who ever slid their slim jim in my window and cleaned the back out for me.

I have never been without ANY tools, granted Im not but my ratchets were snap on, I didnt spend the money to mail my crap here so I have NO ratchets, NO wrenches. I moved to Minnesota from florida on a whim. I packed a duffle bag, bought a one way plane ticket for the day after labor day and here I am 2 years later.

Unread 06-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #54
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I'm so sorry man... I hate people. If your down here and need help let me know you can use my stuff if you need... btw no one sane has a "whim" to come this frozen plane of hell.... I would have aimed for idaho first lol.
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #55
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Army kid. Born in CO, moved to FL, NY, Upstate NY, OH, southeastern MN, CO, FL and yes on a whim and sentiment of winter I moved here in September 2 years ago, I wanted snow again and damned if it didnt snow all winter. I loved the south but I missed the snow and being cold. Sounds crazy but you can only get so naked when its 112 and your ac is not doing the job, but you can always put more socks and another layer on. NO CONTEST

I did this all weekend. Mind you I drove 175 miles to get to this mud hole.

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #56
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

so much mud, ew
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #57
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Im still pulling grass clumps out of the springs Hahaha. Still haven't gotten arou0nd to scraping the mud off the passenger side of the windshield either...

Opinions needed. Midnight blue or OD green

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #58
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

what kind of paint
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
Unread 06-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #59
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Monstaliner!

Unread 06-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #60
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

BAAAAHHHH Thanks FireMedic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.