1989 YJ Resto/Mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1989 YJ Resto/Mod

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
dukesrn
1989 YJ Wrangler 

1989 YJ Resto/Mod

My 1989 4.2L YJ was the first vehicle I purchased. I am the second owner- bought it 12 years ago from a guy from my church. I was a high school senior. I bought it for $6,000 with 80,000 on the odometer. There were very few modifications when I purchased it. Had 31x10.50 on stock rims and the floor boards were rhino lined. I wish I took some pics of it but unfortunately i didn't.

As an urban kid with no real knowledge, I really didn't know what I was doing when I first started to work on it. I ended up buying a 3 inch body lift and, with the help of a buddy, put it on about 6 months after owning the jeep (I have yet to remove the BL). That mod led to bigger tires (33x12.50) and wider rims and had to do some terrible hack sawing to the tub at the stick shift b/c it kept popping out of 3rd gear.

I kept it that way for about 6-7 years due to lack of funds. I was a broke college student.. which eventually lead into a broke entry level employee into the work field.

The jeep sat most of the time b/c I bought a daily driver that was more dependable, sold that car and ended up buying an 07 JK 4door. In the last 2 years my interest and motivation have grown to rejuvenate the car I have always cherished. This was primarily due to the other love in my life-- my wife.. Well, she said she 'hated' the jeep and wanted me to sell it b/c it was a money pit . I have worked hard to cement this vehicle as an essential part of the household.

I continue to work on it.. but I need to bring everyone up to speed on where I sit today.

Unread 01-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
dukesrn
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Closest pic to when I got it that I can find.. sorry bout the terrible quality.

It's a 4.2L standard
Grey hardtop
Full steel doors
Stock rims

Laredo package-- chrome grill cover, chrome bumper...
yj.jpg

Unread 01-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
Liftedred95yj

Thats pretty cool.
Liftedred95yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.