1989 Comanche Rebuild - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1989 Comanche Rebuild

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #106
Jankoid
Carpe deez nuts

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
I've still got that rear 8.25 whenever you're ready for it. Be sure to get some shots of the MJ in action.
I'm definitely going to get that axle one of these days. Not doing anything serious in it, just the access roads at the park. I care too much about how this truck looks to treat it like my LJ!

Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #107
Jankoid
Carpe deez nuts

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Got a lot accomplished today!

4wd works now!!! Shimming the shift fork worked perfectly! No extra vibes from the drive shaft either. I don't need 4wd much (other than this coming weekend), but it is nice to know it will work when I do need it. Forgot to take any pictures, but it is a stupid-proof mod.

After that I changed the oil. It was well past 3000 miles so I wanted to get it done before taking a road trip in it.

Goofed around with the cruise control some. Couldn't find anything wrong with it. Played around with the controls after testing the 4wd and finally figured out the magic combination that gets it to work! Cruise is definitely going to be nice.

A couple weeks ago i ordered replacement b pillar interior lights. Finally got around to installing them. Well worth it, only took half an hour. I was pretty peeved that they are called factory replacements but don't use the stock plugins, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. Just wasn't as simple a swap as I assumed it would be. Still really happy to have interior lights now!
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #108
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Got a lot accomplished today!
A couple weeks ago i ordered replacement b pillar interior lights. Finally got around to installing them. Well worth it, only took half an hour. I was pretty peeved that they are called factory replacements but don't use the stock plugins, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. Just wasn't as simple a swap as I assumed it would be. Still really happy to have interior lights now!
I was a little annoyed with that as well. Keep an eye on them because one of mine stopped working as a entry light. It still works as a reading light, but doesn't come on when I open the door any more. They aren't as fragile as the originals, but they aren't bullet proof either.
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #109
Bignuke
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Definitely painting my red MJ Chief..
Bignuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #110
Jankoid
Carpe deez nuts

2002 TJ Wrangler 

forumrunner_20130327_130033.jpg
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #111
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Oh lord what now?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #112
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

Specs? What's the plan for this one?
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #113
Jankoid
Carpe deez nuts

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymanrph View Post
Specs? What's the plan for this one?
1989 Comanche short bed
200,000 miles
4.0L
2wd
Auto tranny

Gonna do basically the same thing as we did with the red one. Fix it up and daily drive it, though it will be my dad daily driving this one instead of me. My dad wanted an auto in the first place (I prefer a straight drive, so the red one is perfect for me). It was in a front end collision, though it wasn't too bad and we already have the parts to fix it. The biggest issue is the damage to the right rear corner of the bed. It is smashed in pretty good. Hopefully we'll be able to fix it. I'll post up some pictures later.

I'll probably just post the build progress of it in this thread. It is the same year model and I'm pretty much done with the red one anyway.
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #114
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

2wd? Drift car.

Unread 04-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #115
eddieliebi

New to Restoration

Hey was happy to see the finish project with the mj, I recently purchased one myself. I am sort of new to it, and was wondering if you could tell me where you got all your parts for it. I looked at several webpages and they are good but wondering where you got yours. Thank you
eddieliebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #116
Jankoid
Carpe deez nuts

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieliebi View Post
Hey was happy to see the finish project with the mj, I recently purchased one myself. I am sort of new to it, and was wondering if you could tell me where you got all your parts for it. I looked at several webpages and they are good but wondering where you got yours. Thank you
I didn't have to buy any parts actually. I had a wrecked Comanche and wrecked Cherokee that I stole parts from.
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #117
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey jake what kind of mileage are you getting from this? My dads in the market for a new DD and loves these.

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #118
Jankoid
Carpe deez nuts

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Hey jake what kind of mileage are you getting from this? My dads in the market for a new DD and loves these.

Usually about 18 mpg city and 21 mpg highway when I had the 225 street tires on there. That is a conservative estimate, I recorded as high as 24 mpg highway. Lost a couple mpgs when I lifted it 2" and put the 30" STTs on there. Hoping it'll go back up a little once I get better gearing in it.
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #119
tyvanwie
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

Usually about 18 mpg city and 21 mpg highway when I had the 225 street tires on there. That is a conservative estimate, I recorded as high as 24 mpg highway. Lost a couple mpgs when I lifted it 2" and put the 30" STTs on there. Hoping it'll go back up a little once I get better gearing in it.
That's better than I thought it would get. I'll have to tell him.

Unread 05-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #120
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome truck man

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.