1988 2Dr Cherokee Pioneer - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1988 2Dr Cherokee Pioneer

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanXJ View Post
I'm really liking it man! Keep up the good work. What are you plans for the rest of the build? Also is it going to be a DD or just a project for the trail?
for now, its my winter DD. my actually DD is asleep in storage for the winter (04 alero coupe).. im currently working on another project car; a 97 eclipse RS

Gr1m22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #17
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNiner View Post
Looking great so far. How much did you invest into the paint? What do you plan to do for wheels and tires?
haha the paint was probably by far the most expensive thing i did to it.. i was estimating roughly around $850 to get it painted decently (for Maaco has a scale of 1-5; 1 being cheapest, 5 being factory quality) I was thinkin of goin for a 3... not gonna happen. Apparently Maaco counts a 2Dr jeep to be in the same category as a Hummer, so I got charged the "Truck" price instead of the "car" price. I settled for a stage 2 paintjob at $1250
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #18
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyduzit View Post
What did you do to yours before sending it to Maaco? In the pictures the paint looks pretty good, but I have heard horror stories about maaco. I am not looking to get a showroom finish, but I also don't want it to look like someone rolled the paint on.

Thanks
I did all the bodywork on it, and did all the taping. (granted the cargo windows were out at the time so i didnt have to tape those up) I think most of the horror stories about Maaco are people who get the cheapest paintjob and expect factory quality.. which just isnt gonna happen. Otherwise I was quite happy with the paintjob although it cost me $1250...
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #19
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-96-XJ View Post
your jeeps looking so clean with that paint job and good job on the bumper it looks great!
haha thanks man, that was the first time i ever actually welded anything cuz i had to cut the brackets off and weld them vertical. no way im payin like $300 for a basic tube-bumper when i could make something unique for free
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #20
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

wow great job for a winter ride man i wanna say it looks better than it did when it rolled off the line, and to give it the just right look start checkin out the 3"/31"s combo

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #21
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

bump for feedback!
Unread 11-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #22
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I think its worth noting/bragging that for a jeep over 20 yrs old, its got only 44,322 original miles.. so my baby's pretty much set for quite a while
Unread 11-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #23
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Sitting is the worts thing for a vehicle. More seals, bushings dry out and more things fail when sitting than when driven on a regular basis.
PlatinumNiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #24
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumNiner View Post
Sitting is the worts thing for a vehicle. More seals, bushings dry out and more things fail when sitting than when driven on a regular basis.
<-- raining on my parade.. jk man. I think I lucked out so far; I only had to replace the valve cover gasket regarding the engine, and the window gaskets cuz of what seemed to be dry rot
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #25
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Valve cover gasket is a given on any 4.0 they all leak lol.
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:11 AM   #26
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

On another note, has anyone had any experience with the Cherokee 7x6 H6054 Projector headlights? Any good? 79-01 Jeep Cherokee 7x6 H6054 Projector Headlights - Black
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #27
PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

Those ones are terrible. The fact they are black inside makes them useless at night. No reflector it's like holding a flashlight out the window. If you drive the jeep at night id advise you stay away from then. I did the conversion on mine with those housings just the chrome inside like they should be. I went with a set of 6K H4 HID lights. Real HID kit not the BS $20 bulbs. It's night and day it's so nice to drive it at night now.
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #28
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Your jeep looks great.

That plastic is the piece that hold up the top of the rear hatch plastic/fabric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #29
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
That plastic is the piece that hold up the top of the rear hatch plastic/fabric.
THANK YOU!! Finally mystery is solved!! btw love ur quoted phrase man
Unread 12-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #30
Gr1m22
1988 XJ Cherokee 

this is probably a stupid question but is it worth putting Headers on an XJ?

-=1988 2Dr Cherokee Restoration=-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1988-2dr-cherokee-pioneer-1130763/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.