Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1987 Wagoneer

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mopar_man 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey, nice condition. Looks like the early Cherokees, is that before they came out with them?

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Bill:
Now all you need is about 6" of lift, some 33s and rock rails/ skid plates... :D
I'm starting off small. I might get a few inches this summer and some 30's but thats all the budget allows for now. Soon enough it will get to what you mentioned :D

quote:

Originally posted by geepYJ95:
Hey, nice condition. Looks like the early Cherokees, is that before they came out with them?
I'm not too sure what you mean here but the original Cherokee of that body style came out in '84 (I believe). I'm not sure what the first year for the XJ Wagoneer was though.

#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Bill:
Good luck with the nuts on the front of the leaf springs. I broke the welding on one (driver's side) while trying to install a lift (on a '91) and later found out that it was a very common occurance.
:mad: :mad: :mad: I'll be sure to soak'em down good before trying to loosen them. I've gone through enough rusted and broken bolts already on other vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.