1985 cj-7 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-17-2016, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
1985-CJ7
1985 CJ7 

1985 cj-7

My dad bought this jeep for me about a year ago for around 3k. Its a 1985 Jeep CJ-7 5 speed manual with the 4.2L I6. My dad and I got it as a small project to tinker with and have fun. Its been sitting for the past 3 years and we're not 100% sure but we think it has somewhere around 87k original miles (no typo). I'll use it as an around town car and off roading. We took it over to 4wheelparts and they installed a fuel injection system on it replacing all the emissions crap so it should now pass smog. Runs really good with the fuel injection.

So far we've replaced/added:
-bikini top
-rear wind blocker
-doors
-vacuum lines (before the fuel injection)
-valve cover grommets
-emergency rain cover

Will do:
-exhaust
-paint
-lights
-tach
-steering column
-interior (dash, stereo, etc)
-diff seals

So clearly very basic stuff, most everything else is working, at least for now. It does have a differential leak. Not much rust for sitting for 3 years except the undercarriage, as expected. I hope to take it off roading here in the next couple weeks when I get a chance with some friends, been pretty busy with school. The guys at 4wheelparts gave us a list of things that need to be replaced like tie rods and a bunch of different things that we will eventually replace when we have the money.

As it sits now:

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0619.jpg   IMG_0635.jpg   IMG_0633.jpg   IMG_0631.jpg   IMG_0630.jpg  

IMG_0628.jpg   IMG_0623.jpg   IMG_0622 (1).jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.