1985 cherokee chief gm 4.3l - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1985 cherokee chief gm 4.3l

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
85xjchief

1985 cherokee chief gm 4.3l

Okay guys the other day i bought a 1985 cherokee chief and didnt know ****ty the 2.8l was in these now im kind of regretting buying it, although it is a 2 door 5 speed. but this summer when i start bringing in some money i was thinking about dropping in the gm 4.3l vortec in, since i have always had great experience with those motors, but is it going to work? and how much fabbing and how much money will i be dropping into this $700 jeep? i know i will have to get the painless wiring and im not sure if that comes with the computer you need for the injection system along with motor mounts and a ax15 with adapters and an np231, i kind of figure its going to be about a good 2000-3000 dollar job? does that sound right?

Let me know if anyone has done this or if it will even work!
Thanks!!

85xjchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.