1980 CJ-7 Refrurb on the cheap.. well, sorta cheap. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1980 CJ-7 Refrurb on the cheap.. well, sorta cheap.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #16
knowlwk@snowhill.com
1980 CJ7 

A little update... been a year since the rebuild now. She's running great, and the paint still looks new. There are a few spots where I can see rust staining the white paint in a seam here and there, but nothing major.

I added a Summit Racing CDI ignition and now get consistant 15mpg according to my GPS. Not bad for a 30 year old 258 and 3 speed auto running 3.54's and 31's (and considering I was get about 12 mpg before).

The shackle reversal is fantastic! I don't do much offroading as she is mostly my weekend run-around vehicle. I can't believe how well she rides with the springs reversed... two thumbs up.

I still dislike the look of the YJ cage, but feel a lot better about running around with the kids in the back when they have the benefit of the shoulder belts. One day I'd like to get some of those sport-bars that bolt to the dash.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.