1974 cj5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1974 cj5

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
toddy1971
1974 CJ5 

1974 cj5

Hello there I am kinda new to the CJ world, I use to work for dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, and although I spent alot of time fixing these toys, this is the first that I will be owning. I have a few questions about a CJ that I am about to buy. 1) It has a fresh 304 in it and the original transmission, I would like to keep the 304, but I would like to change the trans and put a T-case in it, I have heard that the bell housing on the 304, is the same as a 4.0 I-6, if this is true does anyone recommend a specific donnor vehicle to start with?

toddy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.