1972 Newbie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1972 Newbie

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

1972 Newbie

Just purchased a 1972 CJ-5, 304 V8. looking for all the assistance i can get from forum members. First what manual do you guys recommend to learn the ins and outs of this jeep. And this jeep has the stock seats and i'm 6'4" 250lb and need a little more room any suggestions.

thanks

nichboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
1997_Sport

If you haven't posted in here already check out the...CJ Technical Forum - JeepForum.com you will get only CJ guys helping you out and they can probably assist you better there.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

The chilten manual is what we use.

Getting more room with new seats, Your screwed there buddy. From what I bin told the only way to get more room is to chop the wheel well. (I don't recomend doing this.)

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

Not a problem, I fit ok I just can't jump in and out like I could 30 years ago.
(owned a 65 when i was a kid)
How can I tell if my rear leaf springs might need to be replaced?
Looking from the side the rear is lower than the front by about 2 inches.
nichboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Look at the springs and see if their saggin or just not lifted as high.

I can't jump in and outta mine either.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.