1963 M38a1 Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1963 M38a1 Build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
DanStew
1963 M-38 

1963 M38a1 Build

I have been on here for a little bit, i may as well show the rig I have been building

It is a M38a1 that started off as this

It was a freebie project that was nice enough to be taken apart for me. It was missing alot of things, but then again i had plans on the way i wanted to build this one. Of all the things i used was the frame, body and axles. Everything else was sold off to fund and help others do proper restorations on their military jeeps.

The Jeeps specs are 1.6L 16v Suzuki Sidekick motor, 5 speed sidekick transmission, Suzuki samurai Tcase, Dana 25 front axle, Dana 44 rear (both with power locks), XJ cherokee Leaf springs all the way around, Power steering, 4 wheel disc brakes.

The frame had all brackets cut off already and it was plated with 1/4 inch plate.

I made the brackets for the motor install and made a cradle for the samurai Tcase.

I am kept the jeep body original and made it into a Rat Rod type, my goal was to keep it looking like an older jeep but with the modern fuel injected motor and 5 speed tranny.

I used a GM alternator and Jeep XJ power steering pump and mounted them to the suzuki motor.

Seats are corbeau lowbacks

How it sits today after taking it around for a spin. I havent driven it that much, i still want a bikini top for it to start driving real far and i need to get the tires balanced, but it does cruise at 55 no problem.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/Dan...tml?sort=3&o=4

DanStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
ZSXJ430

Wow coming along very nicely. Keep the pictures coming!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.