1960 cj5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1960 cj5

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 11-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
MrGeepers
1960 CJ5 

1960 cj5

Have just started doing a frame up restoration of my 1960 CJ5. Will be posting images here on a regular basis. I am thinking that the build will take me about 2 years. I plan on going through the entire vehicle and cleaning up, fixing and updating everything. This Jeep Forum is going to be invaluable! I am a professional photographer so expect lots and lots of detailed images.
The Jeep came with a Ford 289 engine which I expect to keep. As soon as I get the engine running I will determine whether or not itís good enough to use (has good compression etc). If not I will swap it out for a newer 302. I live on a lake up in Wisconsin and from time to time I will invite fellow jeepers to come on up and help for a day or two. Dinners and beer will naturally be provided. Might need help with electrical, running gear and paint. I built an entire workshop on my property two years ago that will be used to restore this, and I hope several more Jeeps in the future. I want to end up with a nice runner and a nice looker. Something that my wife and I can take to Wal Mart on some warm Sundays. We will also use it as a cruiser to take in the beautiful rolling hills of South Central Wisconsin.

dsc_6868.jpg   dsc_9103.jpg   dsc_9153.jpg   dsc_9188.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.