15 year old dude + 21 year old jeep = obsession - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 15 year old dude + 21 year old jeep = obsession

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Wrangler2012
1990 YJ Wrangler 

15 year old dude + 21 year old jeep = obsession

hey, I'm Tyler and the jeep is unnamed. i just got her a little over a week ago. Well as you found out from the title, im only 15 which means i cant even drive her for another 307 days ( im counting) the thingt that is a problem though is that i caught the jeep bug already, and since im only 15 i cant get a legit job. therefore, i dont have any money. So this build really wont take off till i turn 16 (in 307 days) until then, this thread will only serve as updates of the little work and mods im doing. So read, enjoy, comment, and subscribe! leave me some comments on things you think i should do or anything else!

~Tyler

Wrangler2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

dude your prolly the closest person to my house i've found on here. hour and half right on! neep pics of your jeep!
Cowboyup94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
Wrangler2012
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hahaha really where are you from??? And as for the pictures, I honestly considered making the jeep a facebook page or something, because I can't post pictures click free, so I thought it would be easier to have all the pictures on a site like facebook or something where I could put all my pictures into albums and have them all nice and organized. facebook would probably be best since like EVERYONE has it. Idk. We'll see. But omg where r u from??? Lol
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler2012 View Post
Hahaha really where are you from??? And as for the pictures, I honestly considered making the jeep a facebook page or something, because I can't post pictures click free, so I thought it would be easier to have all the pictures on a site like facebook or something where I could put all my pictures into albums and have them all nice and organized. facebook would probably be best since like EVERYONE has it. Idk. We'll see. But omg where r u from??? Lol
I think you only need 5 more posts to post click free... Use photobucket for the hosting; it works great!
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

just looked at your profile, beautiful looking yj you got there, i got mine when i was 15 as well, ya gotta start somewhere, most of what i did in that time was drive it around the yard and rev it lol
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
Wrangler2012
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494
just looked at your profile, beautiful looking yj you got there, i got mine when i was 15 as well, ya gotta start somewhere, most of what i did in that time was drive it around the yard and rev it lol
Thanks a bunch. And haha a man (or woman) after my own heart. mine is a 5 speed, so I keep telling myself in the meantime I can learn to drive a stick, but I don't think it'll take THAT long. Lol
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
Optiskate
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I feel really bad, but I read as far as the part where you said you couldn't drive it for another 307 days and I laughed my *** off. You must really like to punish yourself. I cant even imagine not being able to drive my Jeep for 307 days. That would be complete and total torcher.
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #8
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

only 306 left to go now.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #9
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optiskate View Post
I feel really bad, but I read as far as the part where you said you couldn't drive it for another 307 days and I laughed my *** off. You must really like to punish yourself. I cant even imagine not being able to drive my Jeep for 307 days. That would be complete and total torcher.
its hellish, mines been down for a little over 6 months and thats hard enough lol
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

I'm close to Stroudsburg, at the foot of the poconos. I would just have to hop on 80 W.
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #11
nathanninja
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey both of you, I'm south of you guys by about an hour! I'm 17 and bought my Jeep about 4 months ago. Still not running, and I still don't have my license due to parents being crazy, failing my test, and crappy DMV scheduling. I've got a YJ too! . Does the Jeep run as it sits now? If not, GET FIXING. I thought I'd have mine running before I had my license. Little did I know how much work it would take, and how nothing would go how I expected My parents bought me a hypothetical (they haven't actually purchased it yet) membership to an off road park) can't for the life of me remember where) so when we get our Jeeps running we should meet up! I have yet to make a young Jeep friend

Quote:
hey, I'm Tyler and the jeep is unnamed. i just got her a little over a week ago. Well as you found out from the title, im only 15 which means i cant even drive her for another 307 days ( im counting) the thingt that is a problem though is that i caught the jeep bug already, and since im only 15 i cant get a legit job. therefore, i dont have any money. So this build really wont take off till i turn 16 (in 307 days) until then, this thread will only serve as updates of the little work and mods im doing. So read, enjoy, comment, and subscribe! leave me some comments on things you think i should do or anything else!

~Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94 View Post
dude your prolly the closest person to my house i've found on here. hour and half right on! neep pics of your jeep!
nathanninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
Wrangler2012
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanninja
Hey both of you, I'm south of you guys by about an hour! I'm 17 and bought my Jeep about 4 months ago. Still not running, and I still don't have my license due to parents being crazy, failing my test, and crappy DMV scheduling. I've got a YJ too! . Does the Jeep run as it sits now? If not, GET FIXING. I thought I'd have mine running before I had my license. Little did I know how much work it would take, and how nothing would go how I expected My parents bought me a hypothetical (they haven't actually purchased it yet) membership to an off road park) can't for the life of me remember where) so when we get our Jeeps running we should meet up! I have yet to make a young Jeep friend
Hey, nice to meet ya! And yea she runs. There is stuff that needs fixing, but nothing too pressing. Just little stuff. For example, the boot on the tie rod is ripped so we're replacing that, door wont open from the outside so we're gunna fix that. Small stuff like that. I thank god that nothing big is wrong with her. I really got lucky. And for how she sits, I got an AMAZING deal on her in my opinion
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
Wrangler2012
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanninja
Hey, nice to meet ya! And yea she runs. There is stuff that needs fixing, but nothing too pressing. Just little stuff. For example, the boot on the tie rod is ripped so we're replacing that, door wont open from the outside so we're gunna fix that. Small stuff like that. I thank god that nothing big is wrong with her. I really got lucky. And for how she sits, I got an AMAZING deal on her in my opinion
Unread 07-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
nathanninja
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
From your profile pic she looks like a beast! How much tread is left on those tires? I've had to do a complete overhaul on mine. Some of it I knew would be needed when I bought her, others were surprises. So far I've fixed the fuel pump (sounds little, but dropping that tank was a PAIN), put a new engine in (same 4.0L that was in before, but the old one had a broken piston ring, and the new engine was only $200), replaced some engine stuff like the alternator and power steering pump, consecutively had my transmission break on me (darn little brother did it), and then fixed it. Had to free my clutch from the flywheel, it was stuck from sitting so long. Now I'm in the middle of a body swap, because again it was easier and cheaper than welding in new side panels and floorpans to fix the rust. Once I get the body painted and swapped on, I have to fix an exhaust leak and then I'm good to go
nathanninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Haha thats a nice jeep you got wasting away. and im sixteen cruising in my HEEP Grand Cher.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.