A 14 year old boys dream!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A 14 year old boys dream!!!

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #31
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
Lots options with paint, Rustoleum has a high-temp enamel for engine blocks if you wan to go cheap. In my opinion color wise, don't go with a tacky color like orange. I think a light silver would look good against the blue engine bay.
okay ya actualy I think I may do dupli colour as I have read many good things about there engine enamal's. and I was thinking a red block, chrome valve cover, metalic blue pulleys.

matt2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #32
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

well today Got lots accomplished. removed the engine from the frame and other ods and ends that were on it. Put the frame on its side and swept the garage. looks clean for once!! LOL
inununu.jpg  
Unread 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, sorry havent been on recently. Been very busy!! Well got some good news today! My dad showed his boss the pics of my jeep and his boss (companie owner) told him that he can't believe the progress I have made and that i'm 14 and restoring a jeep. So long story short he told my dad that I could use their compressor at work (3000psi I think but can be adjusted) and use there sand blaster for the frame! gota love that! In return I may have to put a small logo of the companie on the Jeep since he likes the colour of it (as we call it Bradley Blue) but hey If i don't need to pay anything to sandblast the frame thats great! Here is a pic of the compressor attached to my dads F-150
Damn How I love the Plumbing /hvac companie my dad works for!
ihjiijiji.jpg  
Unread 05-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #34
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

I got my YJ when I was 15, damn shame I didn't have the resources or the support that you have. You got a pretty good deal and it seems like your off to a great start. <-- this guy is definitely subscribing. Just a side note, for what it will cost you to redo the 4.0 block and head, you may want to consider a cheap v-8 swap. If you work it out right you could get it done for around 1500 maybe, this is in small town Missouri but still.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...de-1500-a.html

Better gas and power. Just a suggestion. There are tons of guys on here that have done it and plenty of places to do your research on it.
CKjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post
I got my YJ when I was 15, damn shame I didn't have the resources or the support that you have. You got a pretty good deal and it seems like your off to a great start. <-- this guy is definitely subscribing. Just a side note, for what it will cost you to redo the 4.0 block and head, you may want to consider a cheap v-8 swap. If you work it out right you could get it done for around 1500 maybe, this is in small town Missouri but still.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...de-1500-a.html

Better gas and power. Just a suggestion. There are tons of guys on here that have done it and plenty of places to do your research on it.
Nice man! Hope you love your YJ I sure live mine!! As for the 4.0 block its in GREAT shape, a little surface rust but compretion is perfect, no scoring or anything on the cylinder walls. Can't believe it has 280 000 on it. But will keep the v8 idea in mind!

Tags
yj: wrangler: 4.0

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.