A 14 year old boys dream!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A 14 year old boys dream!!!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

A 14 year old boys dream!!!

Hey all, This is my first jeep and I love it! this is how it started. when I was 7 I got to see my cousins Jeep, he restored a CJ-7 and damn its nice! I fell inlove with it the first time I steped foot in it and got to ride in it, that lead me to wanting a Jeep ever since. About a year ago I started looking online for a jeep. Iv always love the YJ Wranglers for some reason. Well I had found this one for 500$. It had over 2000$ of chrome on it, costome paint job by PO, new stereo. Its a 1992 Jeep YJ with the 4.0L. well went to look at it on sunday back in feburary a few weeks after I turned 14 (im 14 now) of this year. everything looked good and the price was right, the owner said it was in storage for 9 years and hes the original owner. so I offered him 480$ and by friday the week after is was here in my drive way!! now I'm about 3 months into my resto. well try and catch up to show you guys the progress on here.
Plans:
Compleat rebuild
fix rear frame
pimp out and make it a nice off roader

new.jpg   oiwqjdiojweqoijdoiqwej.jpg   kwqje3qjifdn3jfi43jk44oqle.jpg  

Last edited by matt2299; 05-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: images
matt2299 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
thejagtuca
2012 JK Wrangler 

Good deal bro!!! Cool story. Let's see a pic or two!
Crush '12 JK... Future Mods: RK 2.5 Max Travel Pro w Bilstein 5100s, GY 315/70/17 DuraTracs, PC 7069 Flat Blacks, PS Brawler Lite Front w Bar & Winch, GR Aluminum Rear Tire Carrier, RI 50" & 10" SR LED Light Bars, AEV Heat Reduction Hood
thejagtuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

hey sorry just posted the pics now
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
thejagtuca
2012 JK Wrangler 

That, my friend, is one nice YJ. Diggin' the blue too. Lucky to have scored it for that price man! Mind sharing some modification specifics?
Crush '12 JK... Future Mods: RK 2.5 Max Travel Pro w Bilstein 5100s, GY 315/70/17 DuraTracs, PC 7069 Flat Blacks, PS Brawler Lite Front w Bar & Winch, GR Aluminum Rear Tire Carrier, RI 50" & 10" SR LED Light Bars, AEV Heat Reduction Hood
thejagtuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

so first thing I did when it got home was spending about an hour going over the Jeep making notes and taking pics. next was to rip out the god awful carpet! Going to be hurculining the tub.
kekekek.jpg   ksdnewnidni.jpg   nedinfie.jpg   nkknenkeknwe.jpg  
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejagtuca View Post
That, my friend, is one nice YJ. Diggin' the blue too. Lucky to have scored it for that price man! Mind sharing some modification specifics?
well I am going to be re-painting the jeep the same metalic blue. I am going to be installing a K&N cold air intake, stainless exaust, new backwasher fender flares, chrome valve cover, herculine the tub, and a few other things if I can get my mind set right now LOL hate homework! was going to put some lift on it but its going to be my DD when i'm 16 so maybe after that ill consider some bigger tires
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Id work on getting that floor fixed first. Skip the CAI. K&N is crap and the stock airbox is more than capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Id work on getting that floor fixed first. Skip the CAI. K&N is crap and the stock airbox is more than capable.
The floor will be fixed in the next few weeks, ordering new floor pans soon
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
x2.

CAI mods do nothing. I would get the body welded up and the frame repaired before any upgrades.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
x2.

CAI mods do nothing. I would get the body welded up and the frame repaired before any upgrades.
The chassis are my first priority, then yes body will be welded up.
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

stupid question, but I hate how my pics are bigger than the page, how can I make the pics and page to normal screen size??
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2299 View Post
stupid question, but I hate how my pics are bigger than the page, how can I make the pics and page to normal screen size??
Upload from Photobucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
NavyYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice ride!! Looks like you will be busy for a while. Welcome to the YJ family. Just starting mine will have to post some picts later.
NavyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyYJ View Post
Nice ride!! Looks like you will be busy for a while. Welcome to the YJ family. Just starting mine will have to post some picts later.
aha thanks!! will be checking out your thread
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #15
matt2299
1992 YJ Wrangler 

well I got bored one day after school, decided to pull the head too. I didn't really know what to expect when pulling the valve cover the head off. The lifters didnt look bad at all, they are oil varnished but will be sending the head to a machine shop to be cleaned up and rebuilt, broke a damn rusted bolt on the head > but the cylinder walls and pistons are in great shape!! no marks at all! not bad for 243 000km's
kdeewoef.jpg   jfnefwnfweinfweinfwe.jpg   rgneggnenggeoi.jpg   ineijerierier.jpg   ieiwefiweiwer.jpg  

Tags
yj: wrangler: 4.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.