'13 Gecko JKU Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '13 Gecko JKU Build

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #91
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks great, That tire looks huge on the tail, did you use a fisheye lens? My first reaction was go for a winch, but if you wheel with people who have them you'd probably get better use out of more clearance. I'll have to make a gear decision on my built everybody says 4:88 but the charts pointed more to 4:56 so it's good to hear you're liking them.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #92
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Looks great, That tire looks huge on the tail, did you use a fisheye lens? My first reaction was go for a winch, but if you wheel with people who have them you'd probably get better use out of more clearance. I'll have to make a gear decision on my built everybody says 4:88 but the charts pointed more to 4:56 so it's good to hear you're liking them.
Yeah, the spare does take up a lot of room back there...No special lens needed, as advertised. I plan to install a rear facing back up camera. If for no other reason, Safety! I would hate to back over something that I can't see.

I'm really torn on the next purchase. I know I want to add Fenders, Winch, PSC Hydro assist along with other things. I just need to get out on the trails and see what the Jeep wants first. Regarding the gear choice, the more I drive it, the more I'm convinced I made the right choice. I'm really liking the set-up. I also know I am not going to like the crawl ratio until I address the low range gear in the transfer case. Damn, I need to find a 2012/13 Rubicon transfer case...
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #93
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

I got the ARB compressor installed and wired into the Spod. Also, plumbed the air line to the rear locker. Checked for air leaks and verified function. I fabricated a hard top hoist with 1" square tubing. Installed a small harbor frieght winch in the attic mounted between rafters using unistrut. I mounted a piece of 2"x10" and some brackets found at Home Depot to hang doors while not in use. Found the perfect spot in on the garage wall. Last pic is of the Jeep topless with OR-Fab rock doors.
dscn0456.jpg   dscn0457.jpg   dscn0458.jpg   dscn0460.jpg   dscn0461.jpg  

dscn0462.jpg   dscn0464.jpg   dscn0463.jpg   dscn0465.jpg  
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #94
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Very nice top hoist and I notice your garage has AC.

Jeep looks great. Now go wheeling and get some pics of it action.

06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #95
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Believe me...Nobody wants it more than me. I can't wait to get this thing climbing some rocks. My rear Fox shocks should be here the end of next week. I'm temporarily running some Bilstein 5100's in the rear just so I could get it rolling as the Fox's were out of stock. Unfortunately, these temp shock only allow about 2.5" of down travel as it sits now. Good enough for road driving but wouldn't cut it in the rocks. I'm tentatively planning a trip the second weekend in March if work schedule cooperates.
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #96
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking JKU! Love what you've done with it so far!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #97
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Janesy!
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #98
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looking like a beast! Ready to see those fenders go on... did you get the narrow of full?

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #99
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
Looking like a beast! Ready to see those fenders go on... did you get the narrow of full?
Thanks! I have not ordered fenders yet. They are on the short list. I'm thinking narrow for now but still have some research to do. Any thoughts or suggestions that could sway me in a direction?
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #100
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

full for me. I don't like this rocky mud crap in AL.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #101
08Helotes
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey David! Good to see the jeep is rollin. Our local jeep club (Jeep Nation) is having its March meeting tomorrow, at 5pm at the Old West burgers on 1604! Itd be great to see ya there, if you can make it!
08Helotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #102
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

OK, So flat fenders have become a top priority. On Sunday I loaded the family and went on a hill country drive. I found some large rocks to play around on and flex the jeep out. While playing I managed to rip off the rear passenger fender. I figured this was the Jeep's way of telling me what to buy next. I am looking for suggestions. I really like the Nemesis Industries fenders and the fact they are aluminum. But, have not ruled out the Poison Spyder. I'd like to hear from anyone with Aluminum fenders...How tough are they? I really like the idea of the weight savings. I just don't want to have buyers regret cause they damage easily. I'd appreciate any feedback on the subject.
Unread 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #103
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Check with the guy with Blue JKU that has them on his rig. In a post here or another forum he said that they had some issues that caused his sheet metal to deform. they were working on a fix.

Unread 03-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #104
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just noticed you removed your hood liner. Is that recommended? Also, your engine bay is ridiculously clean!

Unread 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #105
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
I just noticed you removed your hood liner. Is that recommended? Also, your engine bay is ridiculously clean!

It better be with only about 900 miles on it. That's interesting regarding the hood liner...What you see is the way it came from the factory. I wonder if the new 3.6 engines don't have them since the engine itself has a cover?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.